+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to write a(sample) written and documentary evidence of your relationship?..

iceteee

Nov 23, 2012
badly needed...can anyone have a sample of IMM5490 Question #21 Provide written and documentary evidence of your relationship. (for example, ensurance policies,documents showing travel together, long distance calls, letter, emails, documents showing recognition of each other's significant events, etc) Explain why you were not able to live together continously for one year. If possible, provide evidence - visa denials, for example - that you tried to live togehter but were unable to do so...

Thank you in advance...

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
May we know? Is this for a "conjugal" application? Sounds like it might be.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
iceteee said:
badly needed...can anyone have a sample of IMM5490 Question #21 Provide written and documentary evidence of your relationship. (for example, ensurance policies,documents showing travel together, long distance calls, letter, emails, documents showing recognition of each other's significant events, etc) Explain why you were not able to live together continously for one year. If possible, provide evidence - visa denials, for example - that you tried to live togehter but were unable to do so...

Thank you in advance...
That's the toughest part.. you just have to tackle it piece by piece. I started by writing a timeline of our relationship in Microsoft Word, then filling it in scanned images of plane tickets, cards, photos, pictures of our vacations together. If you have envelopes with the date stamped on them it's good to take a pic of the stamp as proof - anyone can fake a card. Then I made a separate bunch of emails, and chat logs, phone bills, all in order. We also provided copies of his TRV denials.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
iceteee said:
Yes for conjugal partner,,
One of the hardest parts of conjugal partner apps, is proving you are legally not able to get married to each other, or live together for one year.

Typically the main situation i've seen this for, is for applicants from countries like the Philippines where divorce is illegal, and living with another person not your spouse is also illegal.

What is the reason you are applying conjugal? Of course if your only reason for not being married/living together 1-year first, is things like school, work, money, family support etc etc... that is most likely not good enough to get approved as conjugal.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Rob_TO said:
One of the hardest parts of conjugal partner apps, is proving you are legally not able to get married to each other, or live together for one year.

Typically the main situation i've seen this for, is for applicants from countries like the Philippines where divorce is illegal, and living with another person not your spouse is also illegal.

What is the reason you are applying conjugal? Of course if your only reason for not being married/living together 1-year first, is things like school, work, money, family support etc etc... that is most likely not good enough to get approved as conjugal.
I would bet that iceteee is Filipino or Filipina.. if so they have come to the right place. Iceteee, my partner is Filipino and we can't marry also, despite all our efforts. We have applied as conjugal. This part of your application that you are asking about - this is the part that you have to put the most effort in. As conjugal applicants we have to include a lot of proof that our relationship is genuine and marriage-like. We also have to provide a lot of proof that we are unable to marry, and proof that we have tried everything to be together (like attempted visitor's visas, and we included proof of a failed annulment application that wasted 3 years) We also provided proof of the difficulties we experienced trying to stay together in the Philippines (a lawsuit against us on the grounds of Concubinage.. and now his ex is threatening a separate lawsuit against me for bigamy the next time I go there)
Another important thing is to provide proof that the married party is separated from their previous husband or wife. For this part we presented: various lawsuits and summons she has filed against him in attempts to extort money, proof of him living at another address in another town - drivers licence address, letters to that address, proof of paying rent at that address (and proof of my communication with our landlord to show that this house is rented by the both of us, although I only visit on my vacation from work in Canada) We also included letters from his family in support of us, letters from plenty of mutual friends, and the fact that early on in our relationship I was included as a godmother of our niece and not his ex, proof that his family recognizes me as his true partner.

One thing we have going in our favour is that we have spent a lot of time together in person. We lived together at our previous workplace for about 2 years, and took vacations together during that time. I visit him twice a year in the Philippines. The embassy does not look too favourably on applications where the couple hasn't spent a lot of time together in real life.

So these are the kinds of things you will be looking to supply ... you will need a lot of evidence and a well organized application to prove your case. We haven't been approved yet and I'm very nervous if they will accept us.

iceteee

Nov 23, 2012
thank you for the reply....

we have evidence and proof that our relationship are genuine...we have chat conversation and overseas call logs (2010 up to present),we have tickets travel together, insurance beneficiary, money transfer receipt...we spent 3 weeks in the Philippines together and most of all we have 1 year old child in Canada.

we apply as conjugal partner because we are in the different country my fiance is in Canada and i am here in Saudi Arabia.

I just want to ask if somebody here have a format or sample the introduction of there written and documentary evidence of their relationship.

thank you in advance.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
iceteee said:
we apply as conjugal partner because we are in the different country my fiance is in Canada and i am here in Saudi Arabia.
Simply being apart is not enough reason to apply as conjugal.
Why can't you get married?

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
Rob_TO said:
Simply being apart is not enough reason to apply as conjugal.
Why can't you get married?
The child is good proof.. it seems like the best proof you have since you have only spent 3 weeks together. But they will deny you on Conjugal if there's no legal impediment for you to marry each other. It's not exactly what they say in the CIC rule book, but that's what has happened to other people on this forum and it's known to be true. You should try to marry at all costs.

iceteee

Nov 23, 2012
we're both married in our past love-life...she already divorced to his ex-husband and i am separated (2006) to my ex-wife...we can't get married because in the Philippines divorce is illegal and annulment process is takes 2 to 5 years and very expensive.

but I think we have a best proof that our relationship are genuine because we have a child in Canada.

Steph C

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 30 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
File Transfer...
Sep 27 2012
Med's Request
April 15 2013 (re-med)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 18 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 22 2013
LANDED..........
June 6 2013
iceteee said:
we're both married in our past love-life...she already divorced to his ex-husband and i am separated (2006) to my ex-wife...we can't get married because in the Philippines divorce is illegal and annulment process is takes 2 to 5 years and very expensive.

but I think we have a best proof that our relationship are genuine because we have a child in Canada.
Yes, you're absolutely right, the child is the best proof. I think the weakest part of your case is the little time you spent together. So you will have to work hard on the proof of communications. I'm trying to upload a sample of our evidence for you, but it's really tough to blur out everything personal.

iceteee

Nov 23, 2012
Steph C said:
Yes, you're absolutely right, the child is the best proof. I think the weakest part of your case is the little time you spent together. So you will have to work hard on the proof of communications. I'm trying to upload a sample of our evidence for you, but it's really tough to blur out everything personal.
can you send it to my email ( ice_teee@yahoo.com)...i want to send my application after 3 days to CIC...only this form IMM5490 question#21 i have doubt to my answer that's why i need some idea or advice to all person here in the forum.

thank you

iceteee

Nov 23, 2012
Hi Steph C can you help me regarding the written and documentary evidence you provided when you are applying before as conjugal partner. i need only a format or introduction.

thank you in advance

my email: ice_teee@yahoo.com