Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
I decided to give tips about veryfying if an employment agency is real,All employment agencies are provincially regulated,So agencies like www.servicealberta.ca and www.servicebc.ca will answer inquiries for free if such agency is licensed.Likewise all Canadian Immigration agents have to be CSIC licensed,So by going to the CSIC website,you can verify if the consultant is licensed or not.Most important is Common Sense,About 7 years ago about 10,000 Filipino Farmers paid around 200$-400$ each to be recruited as Orange Pickers in New Zealand,THERE ARE NO COMMERCIAL CROPS OF ORANGES IN NEW ZEALAND,or the people who send money to a "Alberta Agency"that is a P.O Box with a Phone not even located in Alberta.Hopefully this will help people.Off course some people will say a fool and his money deserve to separated and say they deserve it for their stupidity,I disagree for in most cases these are people who in hopes of a better life will clutch at anything that gives hope of a better life

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
I decided to give tips about veryfying if an employment agency is real,All employment agencies are provincially regulated,So agencies like www.servicealberta.ca and www.servicebc.ca will answer inquiries for free if such agency is licensed.Likewise all Canadian Immigration agents have to be CSIC licensed,So by going to the CSIC website,you can verify if the consultant is licensed or not.Most important is Common Sense,About 7 years ago about 10,000 Filipino Farmers paid around 200$-400$ each to be recruited as Orange Pickers in New Zealand,THERE ARE NO COMMERCIAL CROPS OF ORANGES IN NEW ZEALAND,or the people who send money to a "Alberta Agency"that is a P.O Box with a Phone not even located in Alberta.Hopefully this will help people.Off course some people will say a fool and his money deserve to separated and say they deserve it for their stupidity,I disagree for in most cases these are people who in hopes of a better life will clutch at anything that gives hope of a better life
Actually consultants now don't have to be CSIC if the don't represent the client in front of Immigration. They can charge for "settlement services" and for completing the application, but can't be the representative when the application is submitted.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:
Actually consultants now don't have to be CSIC if the don't represent the client in front of Immigration. They can charge for "settlement services" and for completing the application, but can't be the representative when the application is submitted.

PMM
Duly Noted Thanks

flake

Mar 9, 2009
Sadly, even if an agency may be a licensed organization, their quality of services may be poor and attitude toward foreign workers hurtful. The following is a link to a lot of agencies in Canada who may or may not be licensed. (Please refer to BCGuy's suggestions as to how to verify whether an agency is licensed or not.)

http://www.jobagencies.ca/index.asp?p=1&sp=1

The link also gives links to individual agencies where you can find general information about each agency and people's experience with, or remarks about, that agency. An average rating on a scale of 1 to 10 is also available.

I traversed over remarks, a lot of which are about how agencies treat prospective foreign workers rudely (i.e. rude over the phone, not answering emails, asking for money, advertising non-existent jobs just to hunt CV's, etc etc)

I even personally spent some time on a licensed agency that prepared an entire webpage for foreign workers with a well-formulated procedure on how to get hired by a Canadian company through them. The page contains a stringent set of steps. Throughout the page they warn that if any step is missed they will cancel the process and give it to someone else! They even say, "If you don't timely answer our mails we will assume you are not interested and we will cancel processing your case." It felt quite slippery. Some lines about getting LMO without even sending a CV to an employer seemed suspicious. So, I emailed them questioning those lines and got no replies. What an irony it was! They expect quick mails yet they don't answer mails themselves! They are off my list.

In conclusion, I think getting a job through an agency in Canada could be quite risky, even though it might be the best way one could get through to an employer.