+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to upload multiple PDFs when uploading supporting documents?

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Hi,

After making all the efforts in the world (like all the rest of us who had applied for PR), I have managed to get all the documents. Now, when I go to the page where I upload my documents, I am unable to upload multiple files.

For now, I have managed to put all the relevant documents, like if it's Proof Of Funds, I have put all the supporting documents in one PDF and uploaded it. Since some of them have so many pages and that too with all images, I had to downscale them and then upload it, as it has a 4MB limit.

I am just wondering, is this the only way that it can be done or am I missing something here?

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Hi,

After making all the efforts in the world (like all the rest of us who had applied for PR), I have managed to get all the documents. Now, when I go to the page where I upload my documents, I am unable to upload multiple files.

For now, I have managed to put all the relevant documents, like if it's Proof Of Funds, I have put all the supporting documents in one PDF and uploaded it. Since some of them have so many pages and that too with all images, I had to downscale them and then upload it, as it has a 4MB limit.

I am just wondering, is this the only way that it can be done or am I missing something here?
I think the two most common ways of combining documents into one PDF is to use one of those PDF combining applications/services (you can download the apps for free online or google the services online) or to use a combo-printer that can scan documents and send them to an email as one PDF Attachment. I'm partial to the latter.

The key thing to remember though is to always open whatever resulting document in Adobe Acrobat to ensure it displays correctly (I believe I've seen on this forum that Adobe Acrobat is the tool used by IRCC).

A lot of other persons on this forum have also mentioned difficulty in getting these combined documents under 4MB...I find that odd as I haven't had that issue at all (and one of my documents is 35 pages...) I can only assume this occurs when persons upload JPEGS or other images files as their documents, I guess...all of my documents are in PDF form though, except for the digital photo.

rtcteacher

Aug 13, 2017
Hi,

I also did the same and feel this is the best way to do it.. all tools for combining and compressing pdf files are available free online..

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
I think the two most common ways of combining documents into one PDF is to use one of those PDF combining applications/services (you can download the apps for free online or google the services online) or to use a combo-printer that can scan documents and send them to an email as one PDF Attachment. I'm partial to the latter.

The key thing to remember though is to always open whatever resulting document in Adobe Acrobat to ensure it displays correctly (I believe I've seen on this forum that Adobe Acrobat is the tool used by IRCC).

A lot of other persons on this forum have also mentioned difficulty in getting these combined documents under 4MB...I find that odd as I haven't had that issue at all (and one of my documents is 35 pages...) I can only assume this occurs when persons upload JPEGS or other images files as their documents, I guess...all of my documents are in PDF form though, except for the digital photo.
Sure thing. I normally check the scanned PDFs to see how the alignment of texts have come up. It's quite some efforts but still worth it I believe

rtcteacher

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, that is what I am doing, however some of my work related documents are security protect in such a way that you can't cram em together with any other pdf. So I am printing them out and then scanning them together.
I think they can be unlocked online.. there are free tools online. (you can google 'unlock pdf online')

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
I think they can be unlocked online.. there are free tools online. (you can google 'unlock pdf online')
Yes, maybe, but I didnt want to spend time googling and some of them wanted me to upload the document to cloud and I maybe old school, so I didn't want to do that. :)

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Yes, maybe, but I didnt want to spend time googling and some of them wanted me to upload the document to cloud and I maybe old school, so I didn't want to do that. :)
Agreed! Most of those online services that combine PDF files for you, state that they delete your files a few minutes/hours after you use the service, but who can actually tell?!?! And some of our documents are fairly sensitive. That's why I prefer the route of using a combo-printer to scan the documents to an emailed PDF attachment...

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Agreed! Most of those online services that combine PDF files for you, state that they delete your files a few minutes/hours after you use the service, but who can actually tell?!?! And some of our documents are fairly sensitive. That's why I prefer the route of using a combo-printer to scan the documents to an emailed PDF attachment...
So, after all, it's not just me. :D

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
Since I read about issues with opening pdfs combined using the free online services, I went with scanning everything as jpgs, putting them in Word documents (no margins) and saving those as pdfs. That lets me add a list of contents at the beginning too when I have multiple documents included. I was able to compress a few jpgs within Word to make the file size smaller when needed.

Reactions: crescent_jam

maypillleaf0411

Jun 24, 2017
Since I read about issues with opening pdfs combined using the free online services, I went with scanning everything as jpgs, putting them in Word documents (no margins) and saving those as pdfs. That lets me add a list of contents at the beginning too when I have multiple documents included. I was able to compress a few jpgs within Word to make the file size smaller when needed.
well, that's a good idea too. For me, thankfully, Mac lets me combine PDFs together. But for the windows folks, I think CUTEPDF could be a good solution. You can use the print option to reroute the print to PDF instead of papers.

crescent_jam

Aug 21, 2017
Jamaica
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2017
LANDED..........
19-01-2018
Oh that's an excellent idea! I may use that for my last document! Thanks for the tip!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
well, that's a good idea too. For me, thankfully, Mac lets me combine PDFs together. But for the windows folks, I think CUTEPDF could be a good solution. You can use the print option to reroute the print to PDF instead of papers.
Oh that's an excellent idea! I may use that for my last document! Thanks for the tip!
I just downloaded an app on my phone called CamScanner. Takes the pics like a scanner would (straightens everything out) and merges them all in one file. Very easy to use

Reactions: linalightning