+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to upload documents in My CIC account

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi!! This is Prasad from India.
I received my COPR, however there’s change in marital status after receiving COPR. IRCC has informed me to upload my spouse documents. I have some queries on how to upload documents in My CIC account.

1. All the documents like IMM forms, marriage photos, passport copy, police clearance, and medical check-up etc. copies to be combined into single PDF file and uploaded in one section? And the size of this single PDF file should be less than 4MB or 5MB?

2. When I login into my CIC account, it shows 3 sections with dates (28th July, 15th August etc.) to upload the documents. Can I split all my documents into multiple files and upload them separately into those individual sections. When I split my single PDF file (which consists of all required documents mentioned in request letter for addition of spouse) into 3 files and then upload into these 3 sections (one file in one section) then each file can be 4MB or 5MB? Is this acceptable?

Kindly guide me on how to upload the documents.

The whole single PDF file size if exceeding the limit of 5MB (even after compressing the photos and pdf copies), what is the alternate way to upload the documents?

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
I received my COPR, however there’s change in marital status after receiving COPR. IRCC has informed me to upload my spouse documents. I have some queries on how to upload documents in My CIC account.

1. All the documents like IMM forms, marriage photos, passport copy, police clearance, and medical check-up etc. copies to be combined into single PDF file and uploaded in one section? And the size of this single PDF file should be less than 4MB or 5MB?

2. When I login into my CIC account, it shows 3 sections with dates (28th July, 15th August etc.) to upload the documents. Can I split all my documents into multiple files and upload them separately into those individual sections. When I split my single PDF file (which consists of all required documents mentioned in request letter for addition of spouse) into 3 files and then upload into these 3 sections (one file in one section) then each file can be 4MB or 5MB? Is this acceptable?

The whole single PDF file size if exceeding the limit of 5MB (even after compressing the photos and pdf copies), what is the alternate way to upload the documents?
Can you please share how did you send the documents? I am in similar situation and only have 5 days left to submit all the documents but only see 4 slots open inside the account. @scylla @canuck78 Hi experts, can you help with any resources to deal with this issue?

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Can you please share how did you send the documents? I am in similar situation and only have 5 days left to submit all the documents but only see 4 slots open inside the account. @scylla @canuck78 Hi experts, can you help with any resources to deal with this issue?
Hi,
I had separated my file and my spouse into two separate pdf copies each file less than 5MB and then uploaded. I haven’t received any update from IRCC till date after uploading of documents possibly it’s still under evaluation.

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
Hi,
I had separated my file and my spouse into two separate pdf copies each file less than 5MB and then uploaded. I haven’t received any update from IRCC till date after uploading of documents possibly it’s still under evaluation.
Thanks for your reply.
I have 4 slots -
1) imm5669 Schedule A
2) imm0008 generic application form
3) Police certificate
4) imm5406 Additional Family info.

My problem is I will have to print out imm0008 (even though it is an online form and sign is not needed) because the pdf merging softwares won't allow me to combine multiple documents with this online form as it is a protected document. So I am thinking to print out and do hand signatures and scan it so that the protection is removed and am able to combine multiple docs to upload in one slot.

And attach other documents in other slots.

I am also confused and thinking if the space exceeds 5 mb , then I can send multiple documents through multiple Case Specific Enquiries. Hope that is okay.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Thanks for your reply.
I have 4 slots -
1) imm5669 Schedule A
2) imm0008 generic application form
3) Police certificate
4) imm5406 Additional Family info.

My problem is I will have to print out imm0008 (even though it is an online form and sign is not needed) because the pdf merging softwares won't allow me to combine multiple documents with this online form as it is a protected document. So I am thinking to print out and do hand signatures and scan it so that the protection is removed and am able to combine multiple docs to upload in one slot.

And attach other documents in other slots.

I am also confused and thinking if the space exceeds 5 mb , then I can send multiple documents through multiple Case Specific Enquiries. Hope that is okay.
Yes you can fill the details in soft copy form and then take a print out and sign it for all the forms (best option) and upload pdf copy. I did the same. You can either fill manually All the forms and sign them. It shouldn’t be an issue I think.

In each of the specific section upload the individual documents, if there are extra files in which you don’t find section to upload in your account, you may club the pdf with any other copy and name the pdf file in such a way it represents what form numbers you clubbed (just for ease to check file).

Reactions: gta88

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
@Prince5859 Did you print , sign by hand , scan , combine and then upload imm0008 for both you and your spouse? I am slightly scared to take this risk and the scanned version is 'crystal' clear as the online barcode form. It is readable though. I am just concerned what if there online system is unable to read the barcode properly and application gets stuck forever.......? Sorry if its overthinking. My deadline is 3 days from now. Don't think sending two or three or four Case specific enquiries by attaching separate files would make sense.
@canuck_in_uk @scylla
A reply will be highly appreciated here.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
@Prince5859 Did you print , sign by hand , scan , combine and then upload imm0008 for both you and your spouse? I am slightly scared to take this risk and the scanned version is 'crystal' clear as the online barcode form. It is readable though. I am just concerned what if there online system is unable to read the barcode properly and application gets stuck forever.......? Sorry if its overthinking. My deadline is 3 days from now. Don't think sending two or three or four Case specific enquiries by attaching separate files would make sense.
@canuck_in_uk @scylla
A reply will be highly appreciated here.

Hi,
Please find the complete details below.
Apart from IMM008 electronic documents I had several other electronic copies to be submitted. Since I’m married recently even my wife had to fill some electronic documents. We both separately filled the electronic copies (in computer) and then took a print out, and then signed by ink and then scanned the copies and made pdf versions. I combined all my pdf copies into one file and uploaded in one section. In the same way, my wife also combined all her signed pdf copies into single file and uploaded in the different section. Since each of our single combined pdf was larger file size, we had uploaded in two different sections (my pdf file in one section and my spouse file in another section). Although my scanned copies weren’t that crystal clear as electronic copies but still I proceeded coz it will still be detected by the scanner. I think it shouldn’t be a big worry that barcode error can occur, I feel it’s very rare. I have submitted my application and there’s no update from IRCC till date. But I’m hoping what I did was right and chances of error are minimal. Hope I’ve clarified your queries. I suggest you to speed up your application by filling details electronically , taking print outs, sign and make pdf versions and combine files and upload asap since you’re running short of time.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
Hi,
Please find the complete details below.
Apart from IMM008 electronic documents I had several other electronic copies to be submitted. Since I’m married recently even my wife had to fill some electronic documents. We both separately filled the electronic copies (in computer) and then took a print out, and then signed by ink and then scanned the copies and made pdf versions. I combined all my pdf copies into one file and uploaded in one section. In the same way, my wife also combined all her signed pdf copies into single file and uploaded in the different section. Since each of our single combined pdf was larger file size, we had uploaded in two different sections (my pdf file in one section and my spouse file in another section). Although my scanned copies weren’t that crystal clear as electronic copies but still I proceeded coz it will still be detected by the scanner. I think it shouldn’t be a big worry that barcode error can occur, I feel it’s very rare. I have submitted my application and there’s no update from IRCC till date. But I’m hoping what I did was right and chances of error are minimal. Hope I’ve clarified your queries. I suggest you to speed up your application by filling details electronically , taking print outs, sign and make pdf versions and combine files and upload asap since you’re running short of time.
If they had given you separate sections to upload police clearance certificate and any three sections you may submit the relevant pdf copy of it in the same section rather than combining it with the IMM008 and other electronic copies.
If each sections mentions with specific name of the document to be uploaded then please upload only that document in that section, do not combine it with other document. It would be easy for IRCC to assess your application this way I feel.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
If the profile allows uploading separate documents for spouse, then that is the right approach.
Else splitting it into 5 Mb chunks or compressing PDF or doing cse, all options should work. Do mention in your loe on what you are doing so that it is clear to vo

gta88

Jun 30, 2018
If they had given you separate sections to upload police clearance certificate and any three sections you may submit the relevant pdf copy of it in the same section rather than combining it with the IMM008 and other electronic copies.
If each sections mentions with specific name of the document to be uploaded then please upload only that document in that section, do not combine it with other document. It would be easy for IRCC to assess your application this way I feel.
Thanks @Prince5859 .
Since I only have 4 open slots (placeholders), I am thinking to upload -
1) combined hand signed imm0008 forms for both myself and spouse together under 'imm0008 slot'
2) imm5669 for spouse only under 'imm5669 Schedule A' slot
3) combined hand signed imm 5406 for both myself and spouse under 'imm5406' additional family information slot and along with it the relationship & marriage documents, medicals, pdf version of photo, proof of payment receipts, upfront medicals and imm5562

If that goes beyond 5mb , then I will break it down and add few documents and attach it to the
4) PCC documents under PCC slot which is the last slot.

Thanks for your answers @Prince5859 @subodhp

gta88

Jun 30, 2018

HI @Prince5859 Is the file limit 4bm or 5 mb? I spent hours compressing and combining files to less than 5mb but I read here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1123&top=23 that its 4mb. I cannot see any upload limit mentioned inside the online account.

Prince5859

Jun 12, 2019
HI @Prince5859 Is the file limit 4bm or 5 mb? I spent hours compressing and combining files to less than 5mb but I read here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1123&top=23 that its 4mb. I cannot see any upload limit mentioned inside the online account.

Hi,
Even I had this confusion earlier about the file size limit. The request letter which I git from IRCC mentioned 5MB and the website mentioned 4MB as limit. I took larger file size 5MB as my limit and uploaded documents.

himsjag799

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi
I was asked to submit additional documents for my work permit extension which i did by 30th december. On 31st december it said your have been revceived . But when i check again on 2nd January it says we need additional documents. Really worried! Is this some technical issue?

azim1545

Mar 22, 2020
Hello guys,
I need your URGENT help since I am in the same situation and I just have 2 days left on my deadline. I just have 2 slots in myCic account to upload all the documents. I am adding my spouse in the application so there are a bunch of documentation required. Please let me know if you guys received any reply from CIC about your application ? What steps should I take to compress and upload ?