+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to update / review address for PR card

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I landed in Vancouver last month. When the immigration officer asked me for my address, I gave him a letterbox address that I had rented. It’s not a PO box, but a residential street address. When he asked me “who lives there”, I answered truthfully that it is only a mail receiving service. He answered quite briskly that they don’t accept those, and instructed me to notify CIC of my address once known. He also gave me an address notification form.

Problem is, I have been struggling to do so.

• I faxed the address notification form to them using one of those free online tools. My confidence is fairly low because I have no way to check if they received it.
  • I tried using the online address notification tool: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify. I must have tried a million times now, but despite triple-checking all details, I always get an error that I “could not be identified using the details provided”
  • I sent a CSE with my new address and asked for confirmation, but never received a reply
  • Lastly, I found this email address floating around the forum: 'Address-Change@cic.gc.ca'. I sent my new residential address to this email address as well, but never got a reply either. Not even sure if it’s monitored

I also tried calling the call centre, but could not get through. It annoys me that I have no way of checking if my address has been updated or not. I’m planning on travelling back to Oz for Christmas, so would like my PR card before then.

Has anyone faced this situation? How can I verify my address has been updated?

Thanks,

Dex

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Better to Call CIC at 1.888.242.2100 for the updates.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ttrajan said:
Better to Call CIC at 1.888.242.2100 for the updates.
Thanks for your reply.

Called many times and never got through, but I guess I'll just keep trying then.

Has anyone found a way to view their address online when they received the "you could not be identified" error? Is there any trick I'm missing here?

And is there any other website or any hidden myCIC page where the current address can be viewed?

MapleLeaf18

Star Member
Jan 16, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-02-2016
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2016
Is there any designated place where you can visit them? Like you did at landing. Sorry if that sounds dumb, can't think of any other way.

AngelsPlayer

Star Member
Nov 5, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
10-10-2015
IELTS Request
05-02-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Dexmoody said:
Hi everyone,

I landed in Vancouver last month. When the immigration officer asked me for my address, I gave him a letterbox address that I had rented. It’s not a PO box, but a residential street address. When he asked me “who lives there”, I answered truthfully that it is only a mail receiving service. He answered quite briskly that they don’t accept those, and instructed me to notify CIC of my address once known. He also gave me an address notification form.

Problem is, I have been struggling to do so.

• I faxed the address notification form to them using one of those free online tools. My confidence is fairly low because I have no way to check if they received it.
  • I tried using the online address notification tool: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=coanotify. I must have tried a million times now, but despite triple-checking all details, I always get an error that I “could not be identified using the details provided”
  • I sent a CSE with my new address and asked for confirmation, but never received a reply
  • Lastly, I found this email address floating around the forum: 'Address-Change@cic.gc.ca'. I sent my new residential address to this email address as well, but never got a reply either. Not even sure if it’s monitored

I also tried calling the call centre, but could not get through. It annoys me that I have no way of checking if my address has been updated or not. I’m planning on travelling back to Oz for Christmas, so would like my PR card before then.

Has anyone faced this situation? How can I verify my address has been updated?

Thanks,

Dex

Hello Dexmoody

Did you update your address??
if so can you guide me how you did that.

I had done my landing 2 days before and not able to update my address

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Call CIC to update address.