+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to update my Status from Single to Married after AOR

as532

Nov 28, 2018
If your OK share me your email address or contact information. I will share my experience
If your OK share me your email address or contact information. I will share my experience
Hi Jack,

My situation is same. I have applied under inland CEC and received AOR in last year november. Added spouse in March. Could you please email me your experience and advise if anything can be done.
This would be great help. Thanks!
My email add is amarsoni082@gmail.com

akhilk111

Nov 7, 2018
What docs u submitted
Hi Jaffaral,

These are the documents that i submitted

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.
3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union 4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate 5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).
7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)
8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion

Reactions: iterp89

Dima92

Oct 10, 2018
Hi Jaffaral,

These are the documents that i submitted

1. Processing fee and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for your spouse or CLP
If your spouse or CLP intends to accompany you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $550 and a RPRF of $490 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:
 Go to our Online Payment webpage. Once the payment process is complete, the web site will display your official receipt in PDF format.
2. A recent photograph of your spouse or CLP
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.
3. Forms
 Updated Generic Application Form for Canada IMM 0008 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  Updated Additional Family Information Form IMM 5406 for yourself and your spouse or CLP  A completed and signed by your spouse or CLP Schedule A Background/ Declaration IMM 5669  Supplementary Information Your Travels form IMM5562 E for your spouse or CLP  If applicable: A completed and signed IMM4509 Statutory Declaration of Common-law Union 4. Documents
 Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s birth certificate  Copy of your spouse’s or CLP’s valid passport
 If applicable: Copy of your marriage certificate  If your spouse or CLP was previously married, copy of their divorce certificate 5. Police certificate
We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your spouse or CLP has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.
6. Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).
7. Evidence of the relationship between you and your spouse, such as:
- Relationship photos (Wedding photographs depicting all the rituals of a traditional wedding, wedding reception and post wedding photographs, commitment ceremony photos from outings together trips, honeymoon, etc. (10–15 photos max)
- If you are living together, evidence such as copy of bills, bank statements, lease agreement, drivers licenses showing your names and address (10–15 pages max)
8. Medical certificate
Your spouse or CLP and their dependent children, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada, will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.
If you have already completed the Immigration medical examination, please provide proof of completion
Hi, just wanted to ask how much time were you given to provide all the those?
Say I have a marriage certificate, but my wedding ceremony would be a couple of months later (that’s how it goes in my country), would I have enough time to hand them evidence of the wedding ceremony?