+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to undersand minimum income requirement

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
Please help.. for sponsoring parents...

If the minimum income on 2016-2018 NOA met the income requirement, and to submit the sponsorship application now, will the immigration care that if any random periods of past 12 months meet the requirement? For example, April 2018- March 2019 has to meet minimum income? Or they only care if NOA2019 can meet the income requirement. Because for year 2018, the sponsor was not working full year, taking some time off. Thanks!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Please help.. for sponsoring parents...

If the minimum income on 2016-2018 NOA met the income requirement, and to submit the sponsorship application now, will the immigration care that if any random periods of past 12 months meet the requirement? For example, April 2018- March 2019 has to meet minimum income? Or they only care if NOA2019 can meet the income requirement. Because for year 2018, the sponsor was not working full year, taking some time off. Thanks!
They don't care about portion of year as far as I know. So the next NOA you will need to meet income requirement is NOA 2019.
But in the form, you have to be honest on the income. I think they ask for current year income as well in the financial form. You can attach a letter explaining of lower income and plan of obtaining the same level of income in the coming year.

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
They don't care about portion of year as far as I know. So the next NOA you will need to meet income requirement is NOA 2019.
But in the form, you have to be honest on the income. I think they ask for current year income as well in the financial form. You can attach a letter explaining of lower income and plan of obtaining the same level of income in the coming year.
Thank you so much!!!
During the period that sponsor wasn’t working, the sponsor also received some rental income and some investment income, and money gifted from the parent (maybe to explain the low income in the letter as with a decent saving in the bank ?)...will all this information help if also being included in the letter or not? Thank you so much for your advice and help again!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thank you so much!!!
During the period that sponsor wasn’t working, the sponsor also received some rental income and some investment income, and money gifted from the parent (maybe to explain the low income in the letter as with a decent saving in the bank ?)...will all this information help if also being included in the letter or not? Thank you so much for your advice and help again!
They only care about income that's taxable (official). So I think rental and investment income should be mentioned. (they will be on his NOA eventually)
But money gift or saving isn't their concern on the financial evaluation.

ChristyChen

May 2, 2019
Thank you!!!! Normally will they only see line 150 on NOA, or they would like to see more breakdown of the income from CRA, as I remember NOA only discloses line 150 total income.
They only care about income that's taxable (official). So I think rental and investment income should be mentioned. (they will be on his NOA eventually)
But money gift or saving isn't their concern on the financial evaluation.
you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you!!!! Normally will they only see line 150 on NOA, or they would like to see more breakdown of the income from CRA, as I remember NOA only discloses line 150 total income.

you
Line 150 includes all of your income (including rental and investment). Again, all they need to see is line 150.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It’s up to you to look at what your spouse declared on his taxes. He should have been disclosing capital gains in non-registered accounts and rental incomes. You should be speaking with your spouse about his yearly declared income.

WilsonC

Nov 21, 2017
First of all, you can't fake your income. They will require your T4s and Bank Statement. If you don't work. You will need to provide source of income. From family? From husband? Just list it out. As long as you met the minimum amount requirement for sponsorship. You will be ok