+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to type in Hong Kong identity document number when filling in the form IMM1295E (Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada)?

Roman SH

Nov 19, 2022
Hi, could someone please help me with this? I am a Hong Kong resident filling in the PDF form IMM1295E (Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada) and now encounter a technical problem. A Hong Kong identity document number usually consists of one letter and 7 digits, and the last digit is bracketed, like "M123456(7)". But when I input bracket, the PDF form automatically generates a pop-up window saying I can’t put bracket characters ["The format you entered in the following field was incorrect: 2. Document number. The correct format is: All letters and numbers with no special characters. The following characters are invalid: ()"]. In this case, how can I correctly input my identity number please? If I input only letters and digits without bracketing the last digit (like “M1234567”, deleting the brackets of the last digit “7” but retaining “7” itself), is it acceptable please? Thanks!