+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to treat the export of Vehicle from US to Canada.

akumar1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2016
Doc's Request.
27-04-2016
AOR Received.
06-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-11-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
20-7-2016
This topic is for requesting details on exporting car to Canada from US. I am planning to do the landing very soon so thought to get in touch with people in the forum and get some advice.
I have certain understanding on landing based on the forum I am reading in the last few days. However, not sure on certain aspects which are summarized below:

a. I would like to land and come back to US in 2-3 days after I apply for SIN and Health Card. PR is applied at the time of landing by the immigration officer.

Doubt - If I tell the officer that I would return to US to resume my job and come back later to settle permanently, then based on the forum people, the CBSA do not initiate the PR card process and tells that when you come back to settle then they will apply. What can we do to avoid this given the fact that PR card takes very long(4-6 months) these days.

b. Since I plan to come back to US to resume my job and go back to Canada once I find a Job matching my skills, should I export my car during the first landing itself or can car also be treated as the goods to follow. As I plan to take only few stuff on the first trip of landing and then finally take everything later.

c. If the answer to the question b above is yes, then do I have to register my car with the Canadian registration as I would have done the exporting the car out of US for good? And to bring back my vehicle to use it for daily usage back in US, I cannot use the US plates any more.

d. If the answer to the question b above is no, then would't that me an indication to the CBSA officer that I would return back to US and not settling at this point.

All of your suggestions would be helpful in times ahead of me.
Thanks,