+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to submit the fingeg prints for the visa application

ig-or

Oct 12, 2018
Hello everybody! I have a strange question. Now I am living in USA, but I need to travel to Canada for two weeks for business purposes. So I submitted the application online. But, since I am not a permanent resident of the USA, I need to submit a fingerprints and probably a photo together with my visa application. And they send me a message about it: "Biometrics Collection Letter". According to this message, I should go to the following page (https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/where-to-give-biometrics.html) and select where to do everything. Closest location is following: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.detail&office=XFB&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC&OfficeLocator.statecode=CA
But it tells that I need an appointment to do this. Am I correct?

"
This office provides services to the general public by appointment from 8:00AM to 4:00PM, Monday through Friday. This office provides services to military personnel from 9:00AM to 3:00PM, Monday through Friday. Military personnel do not need an appointment.
"
All the nearby locations tells approximately the same. But it is not possible to make an appointment - because for this I need to apply for something like a green card. But I just need a visitor visa to Canada. What do you thing about it?

Best regards, Igor

ig-or

Oct 12, 2018
And what????? I submitted all the biometrics a month ago, and still no any reaction to this. :( ""Check processing time" window reports 8 days processing time.

On a web portal, they show following:
  • Date Received: October 5, 2018
  • Biometrics:
    • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: October 15, 2018
    • Expiry Date: October 15, 2028 o_O
Could it be possible to somehow obtain the information about the application processing status?

Very best regards, Igor

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
All the status is shown in your account, it looks like biometrics have been received, just need to wait now. If you are not a US citizen dont expect the US processing time to apply to you, you will be under extra scrutiny.

ig-or

Oct 12, 2018
Thank you for the reply!! I was just expecting that processing times is applied to non-US citizens, since US citizens do not need a visa to Canada....

Best regards, Igor