+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to submit my Masters if it is assessed as a 4-year Bachelors while creating Express Entry Profil

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a great day.
I have done a 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters in India. I have recently received my Educational Credential assessment, where the Masters degree is assessed as a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree equivalent. I am creating my Express Entry Profile and am unsure about the following fields while completing the Study Section:

For my Masters:
Completed/full academic years:
Should this be 2 or 4?
Level of education: Should this be marked as Masters (as per my certificate) or Bachelors (as per ECA)?
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean: I suppose I should give Bachelors here as per my ECA report.

A response from someone who had a similar dilemma would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time.
Best regards.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Hi everyone,

Hope you are having a great day.
I have done a 3 year Bachelors and 2 year Masters in India. I have recently received my Educational Credential assessment, where the Masters degree is assessed as a Canadian 4-year Bachelors degree equivalent. I am creating my Express Entry Profile and am unsure about the following fields while completing the Study Section:

For my Masters:
Should this be 2 or 4?
Level of education: Should this be marked as Masters (as per my certificate) or Bachelors (as per ECA)?
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean: I suppose I should give Bachelors here as per my ECA report.

A response from someone who had a similar dilemma would be very appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance for your time.
Best regards.
As per ECA evaluation. That’s exactly what I have done. It’s mentioned there somewhere if you click on information as well.

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
As per ECA evaluation. That’s exactly what I have done. It’s mentioned there somewhere if you click on information as well.
Apologies, I didn't understand. Did you put 2 years and Masters for the first two fields? And Bachelors for the third field in my question?

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Apologies, I didn't understand. Did you put 2 years and Masters for the first two fields? And Bachelors for the third field in my question?
I put 4 year bachelors in one field (for my 3 graduation degree) and 3 years bachelors as a second degree (for my 2 years Masters degree). That’s exactly how WES evaluated my credentials.

Reactions: sunil.bandaru

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
I put 4 year bachelors in one field (for my 3 graduation degree) and 2 years bachelors as a second degree (for my 2 years Masters degree). That’s exactly how WES evaluated my credentials.
Thank you for your response. I just want to be double sure, which one of these two options did you do? while filling the profile?

Option 1:
Level of education: Masters
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean: Bachelors

Option 2:
Level of education: Bachelors
Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean: Bachelors

And did you receive your PR while doing so?
Thanks in advance.

zee90999

Dec 24, 2019
Thank you for your response. I just want to be double sure, which one of these two options did you do? while filling the profile?

Option 1:
Level of education: Masters

Option 2:
Level of education: Bachelors

And did you receive your PR while doing so?
Thanks in advance.
No worries. I understand.

I’ve selected the second option. As it clearly says Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results.

I am still in the pool, however the system has calculated my CRS accurately this way and the information highlighted clarifies this as well.

sunil.bandaru

May 19, 2019
No worries. I understand.

I’ve selected the second option. As it clearly says Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results.

I am still in the pool, however the system has calculated my CRS accurately this way and the information highlighted clarifies this as well.
Thank you for the help. I will read the highlighted information again. I somehow felt that it is not prescriptive enough.
All the best for your PR.