vehla_ji

Star Member
Jun 20, 2014
Calgary AB Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
20 march 15
anyone need help with ielts write a email to me at ieltsww@gmail.com and i'll share some good stuff with you. we have a ielts whatsapp group and weekly test on google/gmail and also i send material/books.

techie007

Star Member
Sep 23, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-12-2017
Doc's Request.
21-12-2017
Nomination.....
29-12-2017
AOR Received.
22-02-2018
Med's Request
10-01-2018
Med's Done....
01-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
Ichowdhury said:
Hello techie007,
First of all "Best of luck" for your test tomorrow. May you score the best of all.
Yes I have received the study material from IDP. I attempted the first practice test in reading and performed miserably :(
Let me practice a couple of samples more. That should help me improve. Thanks for your help.

Hello Chowdhury,

Just to update you that my speaking test was just like another job interview, I never felt that the test was difficult, I am expecting band 8.. band 7 at the worst scenario! I didnt try to worry too much, was just being relaxed, focused. I think the same formula applies for other tests as well, just need to prepare and relax, not to worry much, just go there and give your best shot on what you have prepared! Thank you for the wishes and I advice you to just carry on practicing and not to worry. All the best! :D :p

Jayy

Star Member
Sep 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moonpat83 said:
There are a lot of good resources on youtube and some good practice sites. In my case i never touched any books except for giving tests. Give as many tests as possible, that's the only way to build confidence. I studied for about 2 weeks and gave 12-15 tests. My score was L,R - 9 and S,W - 7.5, overall 8.5. Let me know if you need any help with resources.
Hi Moonpat,

Firstly, pat on your back for your high scores. Congratulations.

I'm planning to take the IELTS exam soon and I'm finding the Writing task to be the most demanding one. I'd like to know how to develop our writing. I mean, generating ideas, in precise. Also, I'd love to have some 'physical' books rather scrolling through the PDFs up and down. Mostly, others suggest the Cambridge 1 to 9 books. Would referring those be fine?

Kindly provide some tips and ideas on how to prepare for the exam. More the tips on writing task, the better.

Thank you so much in advance.

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
I am happy to check IELTS writing papers (for free) just email them to info@ieltshelponline.com. If you need a question, just let me know (AC or GT).

I'm an examiner and teacher, and am looking for samples of test takers work, so if you could help me out that would be great. I will correct the grammar and send a feedback page with assessment based on the IELTS writing criteria. Feedback from some one who knows how it's marked is the best way for you to make changes to your own work.

Thanks in advance!! Any questions--please ask

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayy said:
Hi Moonpat,

Firstly, pat on your back for your high scores. Congratulations.

I'm planning to take the IELTS exam soon and I'm finding the Writing task to be the most demanding one. I'd like to know how to develop our writing. I mean, generating ideas, in precise. Also, I'd love to have some 'physical' books rather scrolling through the PDFs up and down. Mostly, others suggest the Cambridge 1 to 9 books. Would referring those be fine?

Kindly provide some tips and ideas on how to prepare for the exam. More the tips on writing task, the better.

Thank you so much in advance.
Well writing is a bit tricky, honestly i didn't practice much other than going through some topics from the IDP material and mentally preparing for what i wanted to write. It depends on how many years of experience you'v had writing either academically or professionally (emails or reports). What i noticed was they generally tend to give better scores on correct sentence formation and grammar more than your knowledge and comprehension of the topic. If you want to practice i'd suggest you go through the newspaper everyday, pick a simple topic and write your ideas on it. You can also refer to the Cambridge books if you want, the topics in the actual test are not really that difficult.

All the best for your test and let me know if you need more help.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
moonpat83 said:
Well writing is a bit tricky, honestly i didn't practice much other than going through some topics from the IDP material and mentally preparing for what i wanted to write. It depends on how many years of experience you'v had writing either academically or professionally (emails or reports). What i noticed was they generally tend to give better scores on correct sentence formation and grammar more than your knowledge and comprehension of the topic. If you want to practice i'd suggest you go through the newspaper everyday, pick a simple topic and write your ideas on it. You can also refer to the Cambridge books if you want, the topics in the actual test are not really that difficult.

All the best for your test and let me know if you need more help.
Hi moonpat83,
My IELTS is booked for Nov 21 under IDP. I am unable to devote time for preparation regularly to be very honest. Weekly 4-5 days on an average of 1.5 hours each day.
For listening and reading, I am practicing from the IDP material given as well as online. For speaking I am going through various questions and resources available in the IDP kit as well online including youtube.
And as far as writing is concerned I m just gong through various writing topics in ielts-Simon blog, other ielts blogs as well the letters and essays provided in the study book. But I have not yet started writing anything physically.
I have not yet purchased any book yet.
Please suggest if my preparation schedule is fine or not. And for writing do we actually need to start writing or reading a good number of topics will suffice.
Looking for your opinion.
TIA.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Ichowdhury said:
Hi moonpat83,
My IELTS is booked for Nov 21 under IDP. I am unable to devote time for preparation regularly to be very honest. Weekly 4-5 days on an average of 1.5 hours each day.
For listening and reading, I am practicing from the IDP material given as well as online. For speaking I am going through various questions and resources available in the IDP kit as well online including youtube.
And as far as writing is concerned I m just gong through various writing topics in ielts-Simon blog, other ielts blogs as well the letters and essays provided in the study book. But I have not yet started writing anything physically.
Please suggest if my preparation schedule is fine or not. And for writing do we actually need to start writing or reading a good number of topics will suffice.
TIA.
www.ieltsbuddy.com has a very good section on writing. It will also explain what you have to do on task 1 & 2 to get high marks

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
One_Topsy said:
www.ieltsbuddy.com has a very good section on writing. It will also explain what you have to do on task 1 & 2 to get high marks
Thanks one_topsy. Will surely go through it.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
Ichowdhury said:
Thanks one_topsy. Will surely go through it.
Welcome Bud.

If you also find any useful resources for others, please share

dalmarc

Mar 26, 2013
IELTS does not assess on your knowledge of any subject--the writing is (equally) assessed on:

Task Achievement (did you answer the question, did you cover all parts, did you support your main points with examples and details)
Coherence and Cohesion (did you link your ideas together, is it paragraphed)
Lexical Resource (can you use vocabulary correctly-word choice, and word formation, can you use a wide range of vocabulary)
Grammatical Range and Accuracy (can you use a range of sentence types, is it accurate grammatically)

Writing is a productive skill and it is comforting to read other peoples answers, but the only way to improve your writing, is by writing. This is the only way (especially in a timed test) to see if what you know about what you are trying to write is actually what you DO write about

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ichowdhury said:
Hi moonpat83,
TIA.
Hi Ichowdhury,

You still have a lot of time left for your test, i guess couple of hours everyday is a pretty good practice. If you are not used to writing much then i would suggest you write a few essays and letters to test yourself in a time bound environment. As your test date approaches dedicate your time to giving as many tests as possible. I gave about 25-30 practice tests. The actual test is not really difficult if you've had a lot of practice.

Ichowdhury

Jul 8, 2015
moonpat83 said:
Hi Ichowdhury,

You still have a lot of time left for your test, i guess couple of hours everyday is a pretty good practice. If you are not used to writing much then i would suggest you write a few essays and letters to test yourself in a time bound environment. As your test date approaches dedicate your time to giving as many tests as possible. I gave about 25-30 practice tests. The actual test is not really difficult if you've had a lot of practice.

Wow moonpat83,
25-30 practice tests isn't a matter of joke. So did u actually write 25-30 essays & letters apart from reading and writing sections?
Or u just read through the topics of writing?