+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to study college in PWGP?

lewanjey

Star Member
Mar 4, 2022
I finished my 2 year COMPUTER PROGRAMMING DIPLOMA and now I am on PWGP
but I right now I realized if i complete another 2 semesters in that same college in COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND ANALYSIS( 3 yrs). I would get an advanced diploma certificate. This is because I can use the Credits I gained in 2 year of CMPG to get head start in the 3 year computer programming and analysis course. I confirmed with the college but the problem is if I can even study in PWGP?
I read somewhere that I can technically study a course that only last 6 months or less in any Temporary resident status without requiring Study Permit , but i will have to study about 8 months to get the diploma.
Can anybody help me If there's any way?
Thank you

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
but I right now I realized if i complete another 2 semesters in that same college in COMPUTER PROGRAMMING AND ANALYSIS( 3 yrs). I would get an advanced diploma certificate. This is because I can use the Credits I gained in 2 year of CMPG to get head start in the 3 year computer programming and analysis course. I confirmed with the college but the problem is if I can even study in PWGP?
I read somewhere that I can technically study a course that only last 6 months or less in any Temporary resident status without requiring Study Permit , but i will have to study about 8 months to get the diploma.
Thank you
If your aim is to apply for PR, I would suggest you wait until you are PR before you enrol for that additional two semester. I believe you have up to ten years after the first program to continue to the advance diploma. This is just my opinion based from what I understood from my DLI. I am also Computer Programming graduate, and am now planning to continue for another year to get that Advance Diploma in CPA.

Just a suggestion, mate.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you
You can study a program that is up to six months long without a study permit if the total duration of the program is six months or less.

The total duration of your program is not six months or less - it's three years. So you would need a study permit.