+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to stay in Canada for 2 separate programs(different date)

Musti82

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Im asking this question behalf of my gf.
-currently she is on study permit till end of april(ielts prep)
-She will be accepted to a full time college program which will start September 2018
-there is a may-june-july-August gap between her current permit and when school starts
-she wants to take a course at university for advanced English or programming for 3 months rather than going back toBrazil.
Question:
1-how should she apply?
College study permit or
separately 3 months program first and mid summer apply for college.

Im trying to figure out how Immigration looks at this? I know u cant apply for 2 separate study permits. So she applies regular visa for the full duration and study permit which kicks in september when college starts?

Sorry for long post, hope i can find aome guidance on this

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi everyone,

Im asking this question behalf of my gf.
-currently she is on study permit till end of april(ielts prep)
-She will be accepted to a full time college program which will start September 2018
-there is a may-june-july-August gap between her current permit and when school starts
-she wants to take a course at university for advanced English or programming for 3 months rather than going back toBrazil.
Question:
1-how should she apply?
College study permit or
separately 3 months program first and mid summer apply for college.

Im trying to figure out how Immigration looks at this? I know u cant apply for 2 separate study permits. So she applies regular visa for the full duration and study permit which kicks in september when college starts?

Sorry for long post, hope i can find aome guidance on this
She can extend her stay as a visitor and apply for a study permit for the fall semester.