+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor sis

Alberta2021

Jul 3, 2021
Hello Everyone
I have registered my sole business in Canada. I want to sponsor my sis.
Please advise how to do that. I want her immigrate to alberta. Please advise best way.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone
I have registered my sole business in Canada. I want to sponsor my sis.
Please advise how to do that. I want her immigrate to alberta. Please advise best way.
You generally cannot sponsor siblings.

You can only sponsor your sister through family class if all of the following are true:
- you have no spouse / common law partner
- you have no children
- both of your parents are deceased
- you have no other relatives in Canada (e.g. other siblings, aunt, uncle, etc.)

Assuming you do not qualify to sponsor your sister through family class, she will need to qualify on her own through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry. She may get additional points for having a sibling in Canada but will need to qualify on her own merits.

Alberta2021

Jul 3, 2021
Thanks for quick reply. Can you guide me more, her age is 40 yrs, she has administrative and teaching experience . Will this work is she applied for AINP?

Or

Can sole business owner generate LMIA after filing one year tax?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for quick reply. Can you guide me more, her age is 40 yrs, she has administrative and teaching experience . Will this work is she applied for AINP?

Or

Can sole business owner generate LMIA after filing one year tax?
If she is eligible for Express Entry, then she can apply and select AINP. Getting a LMIA for your sister will be very difficult. You have to prove that no one in Canada who is a citizen or PR can do the job. So you apply for a LMIA, pay $1k and complete the paperwork along with market analysis of why you could not find someone in Alberta. Then if you get a LMIA, she applies for a closed work permit. This doesn’t guarantee PR.

Alberta2021

Jul 3, 2021
Yes, i talked to consultant here but nthng is clear, they are saying call her on tourist visa and then lmia will start. Yes, she is eligible but points are low only 320 in crs. Do you think it works? Which is noc is high in demand?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, i talked to consultant here but nthng is clear, they are saying call her on tourist visa and then lmia will start. Yes, she is eligible but points are low only 320 in crs. Do you think it works? Which is noc is high in demand?
So she is eligible for EE with 67 points based on her age, education (assume masters), language and work experience. How will she get a LMIA on a tourist visa? You need to prove no Canadians could be hired and that she is the only person for the job.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, consultant was saying the charge for this and get lmia for her. Ok. I will suggest her for ee.
Is she even eligible due to her age. Does she have a Masters and perfect IELTs scores. If she has ECA for masters, CL9+ in each IELTS band then she is eligible with 67 points. She will lose points with age.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes, consultant was saying the charge for this and get lmia for her. Ok. I will suggest her for ee.
The consultant is promising you things that he/she can’t guarantee. LMIA is far from guaranteed and WPs are taking 5-6+ months except for highly specialized jobs. IRCC will like recognize what you are doing as an attempt to get your sister a WP.