+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor parents with PR

VedhaVyas

May 9, 2018
Hi all,

My name is vedh and I got my PR in the Year 2019. I wanted to now sponsor my parents who live in India with PR

Could please anyone help me with the process of application

What's the checklist and is there a specific window we should file or wait for cic to open

I have lots of questions and I don't know where to start

Thank you,
Vyas

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all,

My name is vedh and I got my PR in the Year 2019. I wanted to now sponsor my parents who live in India with PR

Could please anyone help me with the process of application

What's the checklist and is there a specific window we should file or wait for cic to open

I have lots of questions and I don't know where to start

Thank you,
Vyas
So your parents have PR in Canada or India? Are you married and meet LICO for the past three years? All you can do is wait for the window to open and submit their names and wait for the lottery.

VedhaVyas

May 9, 2018
So your parents have PR in Canada or India? Are you married and meet LICO for the past three years? All you can do is wait for the window to open and submit their names and wait for the lottery.
No I have PR and my parents don't. They are in India and they are Indian citizens. I wanted to sponsor them PR
and What is LICO? Can you please give me a link for the application process steps to sponsor PR for parents please - thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
There was a special route for sponsoring parents and most likley there will be one for 2022 as well but there is no news on the process yet.
Here is the link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=14.1

This is the discussion of people who applied in 2021:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2021.744749/

Highlevel is that each year, there will be some kind of interest to sponsor parents and grandparents availble some time within the year.
And depending on the year, there were first come first serve or lottery system to pick people who can apply to sponsor their parents.
There was income requirement for the sponsor to meet before they can apply for interest to sponsor.
And it's based on number of people currently in your family plus number of the applicant side. (family is spouse/common law partner plus dependent children) And the income is based on your NOA of the previous 3 years (1 year for Quebec residents) and your spouse could be your co-signer so his/her income on NOA can be added to the calculation.
The above is a very highlevel info and doesn't cover all flavors of PGP over the last few years.

Reactions: Naturgrl

VedhaVyas

May 9, 2018
There was a special route for sponsoring parents and most likley there will be one for 2022 as well but there is no news on the process yet.
Here is the link:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/results-by-topic.asp?st=14.1

This is the discussion of people who applied in 2021:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2021.744749/

Highlevel is that each year, there will be some kind of interest to sponsor parents and grandparents availble some time within the year.
And depending on the year, there were first come first serve or lottery system to pick people who can apply to sponsor their parents.
There was income requirement for the sponsor to meet before they can apply for interest to sponsor.
And it's based on number of people currently in your family plus number of the applicant side. (family is spouse/common law partner plus dependent children) And the income is based on your NOA of the previous 3 years (1 year for Quebec residents) and your spouse could be your co-signer so his/her income on NOA can be added to the calculation.
The above is a very highlevel info and doesn't cover all flavors of PGP over the last few years.
Thank you so much