+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sponsor if your partner is married in the Philippines

Jan 5, 2021
Hello, I’m a permanent resident in Canada but my boyfriend is married in the Philippines. I wanted to sponsor him but he is not annuled yet. Annulment taking so long in the Philippines is there any option to sponsor him? Looking forward for your reply. Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, I’m a permanent resident in Canada but my boyfriend is married in the Philippines. I wanted to sponsor him but he is not annuled yet. Annulment taking so long in the Philippines is there any option to sponsor him? Looking forward for your reply. Thank you!
Are you originally from the Philippines? If so, you can move there and live with him for a year to become common law and then apply to sponsor him. He can also try applying for a TRV to come to Canada as a visitor and live with you here for a year to qualify as common law.

Jan 5, 2021
Are you originally from the Philippines? If so, you can move there and live with him for a year to become common law and then apply to sponsor him. He can also try applying for a TRV to come to Canada as a visitor and live with you here for a year to qualify as common law.
I am originally from the Philippines but I can’t afford to go back home and live there for 1 year as I am living in Canada with my son from my first marriage. If he apply for TRV what are the requirements? Can I invite him even though we don’t have a child?