+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to sign IMM5257e for online application?

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
I am applying for my parent's visitor's visa online.

The imm5257e form has a column in the end where the applicant is supposed to sign the form.
Do we need to print-sign-scan this form, or as the acrobat reader says, does the cic portal allow to digitally sign the application while uploading documents?

Thanks
Aman

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........

The imm5257e form has a column in the end where the applicant is supposed to sign the form.
Do we need to print-sign-scan this form, or as the acrobat reader says, does the cic portal allow to digitally sign the application while uploading documents?

Thanks
Aman
Once you are done attaching the necessary documents and you submit the whole application, a window will be displayed asking for you to key in your name. That is the digital way of signing the forms.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013

Thanks
Aman
The form does not need to be signed. It will need to be validated. When you are done filling the form, click validate at the bottom and it generates bar codes. That is what you upload or submit even when doing a ppr applicn.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
The form does not need to be signed. It will need to be validated. When you are done filling the form, click validate at the bottom and it generates bar codes. That is what you upload or submit even when doing a ppr applicn.
Thanks!

Another thing, I am not able to export the forms to a normal PDF from acrobat reader. If I save it, it can only be opened inside Acrobat Reader.
Is that normal?

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
Thanks, @Jasmohra

Last question around signatures.
Do the other forms (imm5713e-FamilyMemberRepresentative, imm5645-familyInformation) also don't need to be signed, because the cic account will collect digital signatures?

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
All other forms would need to be signed- the rep forms, the family info form etc. So you print them, sign n scan them back. And do not forget to include names in native language on family info form.

aman.alam

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Bangalore
All other forms would need to be signed- the rep forms, the family info form etc. So you print them, sign n scan them back. And do not forget to include names in native language on family info form.
Thanks!

Oh interesting, the form does mention something about native languages, but I ignored it.
So should the names be both in native language AND english?
I wonder if there's enough space

zrkhan

Jan 29, 2020
i will register online for applying online for visit visa of canada but face some difficulties having isponsor ship inviting letter from one my friend in canada in letter they mention me Family friend so in form imm5257
i write in relationship column A) Others B) family friend is that right or wrong? after that in check list column ( Proof of Relationshp required) what should i upload file there?

Reactions: PALATTYNELSON