+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to satisfy the visa officer that I have ties in my home country?

mohamed_hamid_91

Star Member
May 26, 2014
Sudan
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6, 2014 (Online)
Doc's Request.
Submitted biometrics May 18, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront and submitted with application
Passport Req..
June 25, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 8, 2014
LANDED..........
August 23, 2014
Hello,

I am accepted in Concordia University in the MASc in Electrical and Computer Engineering program and I am applying for a study permit.

I am sponsored by my mother and I will receive research assistantship form Concordia University. My mother's bank statement shows that she has more than double the amount required for the full duration of my studies and her annual income is more than treble that amount, so I am not worried about proving financial capacity. I am only worried about how to convince the visa officer that I will leave Canada at the end of my authorized stay.

I am from Sudan and I am resident there. I work as a researcher in the University of Khartoum since November 2013 and I graduated from the same University on September 2013. The thing that bothers me is that my parents are resident in Saudi Arabia; However, I moved to Sudan in 2007 and I live here ever since. I travelled to Saudi Arabia at least once per year to visit my family since 2007 and the come to Sudan yearly (them coming to Sudan is not relevant to my study permit application!!).

I have been granted a leave of absence from my job in the University of Khartoum to pursue my master degree. I also have proof of ownership documents of some of my parents' property in Sudan.

Do I have enough documents to prove that I intend to return to Sudan? If anyone here has gone through the process of obtaining a study permit successfully please let me know what documents did you provide to address this point.

Thank you all :)