+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to revoke PR status

clevere9

Oct 27, 2016

My husband was here in Canada for 8 months, during his stay here he had 3 jobs in between , 1 job each for a month . He has been so picky to apply for a job that it wasn't to his liking. In total he was out of job for 5 months , during that time when I'm around he showed that he is looking for a job but when I'm not around, he was chatting with his online friends and sleep. I am working and whenever I'm home he asked me to apply for him for a job online or in town and update his resume everytime he wanted to apply for a job. I was stressed out about it finally told him that , but he verbally abused me and threaten to kill me and throw whatever he grabbed .He even held the knife on me and almost stabbed me, that time was I was gonna go to work but i still went to work and told my manager what my husband did to me and I said I can't work because I'm emotionally hurt and was crying. She then advised me if I want to report him to the police and I said no because I'm afraid of the humiliation. .My manager went to our boss and told him what i told her and they let me go home that day. Days passed, finally he sent a message to his old boss in the Philippines if he can have his job back and his boss agreed to it. My husband and i agreed since he decided to go home and have his job back .
How to revoke his permanent residency because I am afraid for him being abusive to me if he come here.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did you sponsor him for PR? Does he have conditional permanent residency?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
clevere9 said:

My husband was here in Canada for 8 months, during his stay here he had 3 jobs in between , 1 job each for a month . He has been so picky to apply for a job that it wasn't to his liking. In total he was out of job for 5 months , during that time when I'm around he showed that he is looking for a job but when I'm not around, he was chatting with his online friends and sleep. I am working and whenever I'm home he asked me to apply for him for a job online or in town and update his resume everytime he wanted to apply for a job. I was stressed out about it finally told him that , but he verbally abused me and threaten to kill me and throw whatever he grabbed .He even held the knife on me and almost stabbed me, that time was I was gonna go to work but i still went to work and told my manager what my husband did to me and I said I can't work because I'm emotionally hurt and was crying. She then advised me if I want to report him to the police and I said no because I'm afraid of the humiliation. .My manager went to our boss and told him what i told her and they let me go home that day. Days passed, finally he sent a message to his old boss in the Philippines if he can have his job back and his boss agreed to it. My husband and i agreed since he decided to go home and have his job back .
How to revoke his permanent residency because I am afraid for him being abusive to me if he come here.
Simply put. YOU can't revoke anything. If, and only if, he has a Condition 51 on his PR card/COPR, you can report the breakdown of the relationship to IRCC. They may or may not do anything about it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you remember when you applied to sponsor him? Was it before October 25th 2012? If yes, then he would not have condition 51 on his PR. If it was later and you at the time had not been married for 2 years or longer and did not have children, then he would have condition 51 on his PR.

However, if he landed as a PR more than 2 years ago, the condition would already have been lifted.

So if you applied to sponsor him after October 25th 2012 and he's not yet a PR for 2 or more years, you should call CIC and tell them that the marriage is over and that he has gone back to your home country. The matter is then out of your hands and CIC will decide if to take action.

auscan786

Oct 29, 2016
new inland application

Dear Leon

I had applied for family sponsorship from uae in Jan 2106, I came here on visit to see my daughter and my partner in July 2016 and we had some argument in that anger she called immigration and cancelled my application. Now she apologies for her mistake and called them but they told her to make new application. I am from visa exempt country. I am planing to launch application inland can u plz tell me where I shall send documents to and what type of fees and applications forms I use can I do medical upfront ?? What docs I need for medical ? Don't have any letter from immigration? Can I apply for opw? Thank you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: new inland application

auscan786 said:
Dear Leon

I had applied for family sponsorship from uae in Jan 2106, I came here on visit to see my daughter and my partner in July 2016 and we had some argument in that anger she called immigration and cancelled my application. Now she apologies for her mistake and called them but they told her to make new application. I am from visa exempt country. I am planing to launch application inland can u plz tell me where I shall send documents to and what type of fees and applications forms I use can I do medical upfront ?? What docs I need for medical ? Don't have any letter from immigration? Can I apply for opw? Thank you
The forms for inland are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp
In order to apply inland, you must reside in Canada throughout the processing time. You can apply for an OWP along with your sponsorship. As far as I've heard, the OWP takes about 4 months to get. PR with inland though, something like 2 years. You'll have to hope that your spouse doesn't keep getting angry and cancelling sponsorship or you will have to apply quite often.

auscan786

Oct 29, 2016
Thanks Leon does it goes to Mississauga or vegraville office ?? Last time I did with an agent now I am applying on own he was telling me it should be going to vegraville office. He is not helping want me to pay the fees again which I can't afford at This time so just doing myself...thanks

clevere9

Oct 27, 2016
He;s PR was issued October 2015 and he went back to the Philippines April 2016. Since then he is telling his friends and relatives that he left me because there's no life for him here in Canada.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
auscan786 said:
Thanks Leon does it goes to Mississauga or vegraville office ?? Last time I did with an agent now I am applying on own he was telling me it should be going to vegraville office. He is not helping want me to pay the fees again which I can't afford at This time so just doing myself...thanks

I think it is understandable that the agent wants the fees again. He already filled out all your forms once. For inland, the forms are a bit different so it's not like he can just use and update the same forms he already did. He has to do the work again for it and it's not his fault that your application got cancelled.

However, the forms are mostly simple so you don't need an agent. You can do everything yourself and if you have a problem, read the instructions and if you don't find it there, ask here.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clevere9 said:
He;s PR was issued October 2015 and he went back to the Philippines April 2016. Since then he is telling his friends and relatives that he left me because there's no life for him here in Canada.
Good, so it doesn't sound like he's coming back then. However, you should let immigration know about the breakdown of the marriage and tell them that your husband was not willing to look for a job and that he was abusive towards you and that he left in April and went back to the Philippines and as far as you know, he is not coming back and you don't really want him back either.

clevere9

Oct 27, 2016
I did call the immigration but it says conditional abused for a sponsored spouse not the other way spoused who sponsore . Do i have to use the conditional abused and then explain to the immigration that i am the victim???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clevere9 said:
I did call the immigration but it says conditional abused for a sponsored spouse not the other way spoused who sponsore . Do i have to use the conditional abused and then explain to the immigration that i am the victim???
It sounds like you were not clear with them. Did you tell them that you sponsored your spouse, he has condition 51 and he's left you?

auscan786

Oct 29, 2016
Spousal Inland application and OWP

Hi there

I applied on 7 december inland spousal application also submitted my owp with that, my visit visa is due to expire on 14 Jan,2017. Do I need to apppy for extension? I received AOR on 22 December also note I am from visa extempt country.

Appreciate your answers please.

Thanks