+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to remove restrictions on OWP?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

If you already have the medical, you can go to any airport and talk to a CIC agent, they will remove the restriction and get you a new work permit. You don't have to leave the country and re-enter.
1, Please give correct information you CANT go to an airport, unless arriving on an international flight, the OP goes to a "land border"

cuaquero

Apr 23, 2018
Hi

1, Please give correct information you CANT go to an airport, unless arriving on an international flight, the OP goes to a "land border"
I went myself to the airport and talked to an immigration agent, who kindly listened to me and issued a new Work Permit. I didn't have to leave the country or go to a border an re-enter.

Yen@5

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
I went myself to the airport and talked to an immigration agent, who kindly listened to me and issued a new Work Permit. I didn't have to leave the country or go to a border an re-enter.
Hi,
Can you help me with this. We are facing same issue and my Uni represenative is suggesting me to fill form IMM 1436 to amend status as we already passed medical exam before getting this work permit but even they have kept this condition. Imm 1436 is free application but CIC agent asking me to fill IMM 5553 which contains 255 cad change. Please guide me how can we remove this condition and how to avoid charge as we have already passed medical.
Thanking you in advance.

With Regards,
Yen

marpou

Star Member
Mar 12, 2018
Northern Manitoba
Not to bring anybody’s hopes down, since everybody’s case is different, but I’ve been trying to get those restrictions removed from my OWP since I passed my medical in July. I went to the airport, border, tried calling CBSA and IRCC and it all came down to me only having the option of applying for a new OWP to have the restrictions removed. The system didn’t let me apply online, so I had to apply on paper. I haven’t heard a word about the application, but I know through Canada Post that it got there September 6th.