+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to register for asylum

Enfash

May 8, 2019
Hi everyone, my name is Elijah, please I want to know the procedure for asylum.
I don't have any idea with applying for visa.
I want to know the requirements

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Why? If I may ask
Because you can only claim asylum when you are inside Canada/at the border. That's what asylum means. I suppose you could try claiming asylum inside the Canadian Embassy if you could somehow get inside.

Can you tell us a little more about why you think you qualify to be a refugee/claim asylum? Nigeria is a very large country and is generally functional and peaceful (unlike for example Afganistan) and it will be hard for you to prove that you are a refugee without very strong reasons.

Why can't you move somewhere else in Nigeria?

If you can provide more information, we can help with links to organizations that may be able to help you.

Enfash

May 8, 2019
Okay, thanks for this information, please I will like to make my claim private because it may look embarrassing and disgusting.

Please provide an email to continue this conversation,

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Okay, thanks for this information, please I will like to make my claim private because it may look embarrassing and disgusting.

Please provide an email to continue this conversation,
Normally I don't do private conversations but I'll make an exception here since you may genuinely be in trouble/fear for your life. Please use the private message feature to contact me - click on my name and the choose "Start a conversation" and I'll respond privately.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Given the large influx of Nigerian asylum seekers it will be very difficult to get a TRV unless you have very strong ties to your home country.

Reactions: visatest