+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to prove sibling residing in canada?

eyoatam

Sep 20, 2015
hey there
how are you

i was trying to get proof for CIC that i have a sis who is a permanent resident in canada and currently resides in Toronto. For this, she sent me a bank letter certifying that she has an account in a bank in Toronto. will that work as proof?? If not what other document should i get, provided that i can't get residential lease, mortgage document, utility bills and likes....pleas please let me know
thank you

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
pr card copy

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
eyoatam said:
hey there
how are you

i was trying to get proof for CIC that i have a sis who is a permanent resident in canada and currently resides in Toronto. For this, she sent me a bank letter certifying that she has an account in a bank in Toronto. will that work as proof?? If not what other document should i get, provided that i can't get residential lease, mortgage document, utility bills and likes....pleas please let me know
thank you
No - that's not enough. Anyone can have a bank account. A bank account doesn't prove she is actually living in Canada. Can she provide employment slips to show she is working in Canada? Is there a reason why she can't provide a lease, mortgage, or utility bill?

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
scylla said:
No - that's not enough. Anyone can have a bank account. A bank account doesn't prove she is actually living in Canada. Can she provide employment slips to show she is working in Canada? Is there a reason why she can't provide a lease, mortgage, or utility bill?
exactly that. Provide proof that she has some kind of activity, if she's not working maybe volunteership or something.

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your sister is living in a rented place she could get a letter from the landlord stating that 'X' has resided at 'Address' from (Date X) to (Date Y). During this time her monthly rent has been '$...'.

If your sister is living in her own property then the property deed or letter from bank confirming a mortgage was taken out to acquire 'Address of Property' should suffice. The letter must be on bank letterhead and signed by the bank rep.

kvr007

Aug 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-11-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Request
Submitted with APP
Med's Done....
25-11-2015 Passed
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2016
LANDED..........
15-04-2016
Actually they asked for these....

1. Document: Family Member Proof of Status

You must provide a copy of your family member’s Canadian Citizenship or Canadian immigration status document (e.g. Canadian passport, Permanent Resident Card, Study Permit, or Work Permit). Please provide a copy of both sides of the document.

2. Document: Proof of Relationship

You must provide proof of your relationship with your host or family member. This can include:

-a marriage certificate
-Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM5409)
-a birth certificate
-an official document naming you as a parent
-a copy of the inside back cover of the inviter’s passport showing the inviter’s parents, if applicable

I dont think they ask for lease or to show that relative lives in Canada..... ofcourse showing that make the proof stronger.