+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prove intention to reside in Ontario for OINP?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When applying to OINP, they ask for

You must provide a statement of intent stating your
reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.
You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario. Ties to Ontario can include
but are not limited to, the following:
- Employment in Ontario;
- Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
- Volunteer work in Ontario;
- Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
- Professional networks and affiliations;
- Family ties;
- Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
- Previous visits to Ontario.
If I don't have any of these ties to Ontario, how should I justify my intent to live in Ontario?
Do people get rejected because they don't have ties to Ontario?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
tp_marina said:
When applying to OINP, they ask for

If I don't have any of these ties to Ontario, what should I justify my intent to live in Ontario?
Just write a letter stating that you want to live in Ontario, and talk about why. Mention things like their economy and employment opportunities. That's what I did (I had no connections either), and I still got a nomination from them.

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
Aragorn165 said:
Just write a letter stating that you want to live in Ontario, and talk about why. Mention things like their economy and employment opportunities. That's what I did (I had no connections either), and I still got a nomination from them.
Hi Aragorn165 can you share your crs , pls??

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This should give you some idea.
---------------------------

Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee Program
400 University Avenue, Ground Floor
Toronto ON M7A 2R9

Subject : Letter of Intent to reside in Ontario

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Through this letter, I would like to confirm my intention to reside in Ontario.

At the time of submission, I am XX years old unmarried female/male. I am well educated, with more than XX years of full-time education. I currently hold one Bachelor's degree, one Master's Degree and one Post Graduate Diploma degree. In the past ten years, I have more than 5 years of full-time work experience in occupations described under Skill '0' and 'A' of the National Occupational Classifications XXXX

My reading, writing, speaking and listening abilities in English are excellent, as I have been using English on a daily basis at work. The same can be reflected from my IELTS result.

The province of Ontario is an economic hub with all types of industries including Pharmaceuticals and Food processing industries. Based on National Occupational Classification codes mentioned above, my qualifications, my work experiences and my language abilities, I am confident in getting a job that suits my profile.

As I am planning to immigrate to a new place, my language skills will play a vital role in establishing social connections within the community. It will not only help me professionally, but also help me to settle down and to be accepted in a community having such cultural diversity.

Please find below reasons and attached proofs for evidence of my ties to Ontario.

1)Employment in Ontario
I am currently working at client location through <company name> in downtown Toronto,Ontario.
My work location address:
Toronto
ON,Canada

2)Lease Agreement:
I am currently staying at #****** Toronto,Ontario since last one year. Please find the attached lease agreement for the same.
My Previous home addresses in Toronto,Ontario are below.
#******,Toronto,,ON,Canada
#****** Toronto, ON Canada

3)Residential Ties -Please find attached documents for below items.
1)Driving license Issued by government of Ontario.
2)Bank/Credit card accounts with <Bank name> Toronto Ontario.
3)Health Card Issued by government of Ontario

4)Professional Networks / Affiliations
Volunteered for ******

5)Social Connections/Personal Relationships
During my work experience in Toronto Canada, I was fortunate to interact with a variety of people who were at different positions within the same department as well as people from different departments. Please see below contacts of my best friends and colleagues who already settled in Ontario.

I look forward to your expedient processing of my application. Should any questions arise about anything, please do not hesitate to contact me at the co-ordinates listed in the application.

Sincerely,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
tp_marina said:
They do sometimes, if they are already living in Canada, but are living and working elsewhere.

Feb 8, 2022
They do sometimes, if they are already living in Canada, but are living and working elsewhere.
I received a notification of interest from Ontario and I want to live there, but I am currently living in Québec. Do you think they would reject my nomination? I would move to Ontario right away but the notification of interest does not allow me to live in Ontario. By the way, I am only in Québec because I needed to improve my French to get the scores to be invited by French Speaking or Human Capital streams.

akshaymv01

Dec 10, 2023
I received a notification of interest from Ontario and I want to live there, but I am currently living in Québec. Do you think they would reject my nomination? I would move to Ontario right away but the notification of interest does not allow me to live in Ontario. By the way, I am only in Québec because I needed to improve my French to get the scores to be invited by French Speaking or Human Capital streams.
Hello, i’m on the same boat now. Living in Quebec but had applied for OINP when I was in Ontario. I just got NOI. How did you proceed with your application?

Annabana

Feb 8, 2024
Hello guys, I just got my NOI and I'm trying to fill out the application.

At the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" step, how are we supposed to fill the input box of the prompt "Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters):"? should it be in a list format?

I. will still attach a letter of intent later, but I'm confused about how this input box is expected to be filled. Thanks.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello guys, I just got my NOI and I'm trying to fill out the application.

At the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" step, how are we supposed to fill the input box of the prompt "Please list all of your established ties in Ontario below (maximum 1000 characters):"? should it be in a list format?

I. will still attach a letter of intent later, but I'm confused about how this input box is expected to be filled. Thanks.
I did a list format enumerating my previous college program at an Ontario college, relatives in Ontario, jobs (both me and my wife) in Ontario, my son attending an Ontario college after finishing 12th grade in Ontario.

RavagerOne

Mar 24, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I have received my NOI and when filling out the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" step, it mentions that it has to be (maximum 1000 characters)

Now by characters do they mean a maximum of 1000 letters or 1000 words?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hello Everyone,

I have received my NOI and when filling out the "Intention to Reside in Ontario" step, it mentions that it has to be (maximum 1000 characters)

Now by characters do they mean a maximum of 1000 letters or 1000 words?
Characters mean letters/symbols(punctuations such as period and comma)/spaces.

vkunchur

Apr 5, 2024
Hello, I received a notification of interest from OINP through the Human Capital Priorities stream on March 21st, 2024. I am currently on a worker visa and work out of Montreal, Quebec as a data scientist (NOC-21211). Much like the others on this thread, I am trying to figure out a reasonable way to demonstrate my intent to reside in Ontario, which I have strongly been considering given the fundamental complexities of being a non-French speaker in Quebec. I have been considering moving to Ottawa for a while, and am in the process of signing a lease for a move-in date later this year (December 2024).

Here are some ways I am considering demonstrating my intent to reside in Ontario:
1) Employer Letter: As a remote worker, I do not need to reside in Montreal to perform my job (although the company office is in Montreal), so producing an employer letter that states I am permitted to work out of Ottawa.
2) Lease: As mentioned above, I am in the process of signing a lease with a start date (move-in date) of December 2024 for an Ottawa rental apartment.
3) Visits: I can mention that I have made visits to the nation's capital - but how do I provide evidence for this?

Would greatly value the community's advice on whether these are reasonable and honest ways of demonstrating intent to reside in Ontario, since I fully well do intend to relocate to Ottawa - I am just bound by a Montreal apartment lease that doesn't end till November this year.