Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I applied for PR card renewal in January 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in March 2015.

In April 2015, I received a letter from CIC Hamilton Office for additional documents, which I provided them in May 2015.

After that I kept on calling CIC helpline almost every month. Every time they replied additional documents have been received by them and my application is still in processing. From January 2016, I have been calling them every week to check the status of my application and their reply was same.

Today, CIC Ottawa sent me an email stating that as per their information I am not in Canada and I should apply for PRTD in visa office of the country where I located. They’ve given me one month’s time to provide them with proof of PRTD. Otherwise, they will abandon my application.

I again called CIC call center today. The agent said she cannot help me as the call center agents can only access information that is available on CIC system.

I cannot apply for PRTD as I am in Canada and have completed more than 900 days here. I have emailed them my job offer letter, salary slips and latest T4 slips.

Please advise me what else I can do.

I’ll appreciate your help.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
How long did you stay in Canada?

b2c

Star Member
Sep 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

AJK_9

Jun 30, 2012
Hi

You can try to get Police Clearance Certificate, because it's available only by PHYSICAL presence....you can take chance and send it to CIC, don't know m right or wrong. Pl try to contact CIC and ask them that is this valid document for physical presence

All the best

barabashka

Star Member
Jan 30, 2013
b2c said:
Hi Friends,

I applied for PR card renewal in January 2015 and CIC started processing of my application in March 2015.

In April 2015, I received a letter from CIC Hamilton Office for additional documents, which I provided them in May 2015.

After that I kept on calling CIC helpline almost every month. Every time they replied additional documents have been received by them and my application is still in processing. From January 2016, I have been calling them every week to check the status of my application and their reply was same.

Today, CIC Ottawa sent me an email stating that as per their information I am not in Canada and I should apply for PRTD in visa office of the country where I located. They’ve given me one month’s time to provide them with proof of PRTD. Otherwise, they will abandon my application.

I again called CIC call center today. The agent said she cannot help me as the call center agents can only access information that is available on CIC system.

I cannot apply for PRTD as I am in Canada and have completed more than 900 days here. I have emailed them my job offer letter, salary slips and latest T4 slips.

How about making a visit to CIC office in your city, with that letter and with your IDs.

Alternatively you can probably visit a notary with your IDs and obtain their statement that they seen you and your IDs, and send this statement over to CIC.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
b2c said:
Hi Friends,

In application we have to sign consent for CBSA, CRA and all passport photocopies, we all knows that from CBSA AND CRA we are getting reports in 3 or 4 weeks only.

So why CIC need 12-24 months?

it shows that 90% of CIC employees are lazy they are only checking application for few minutes if it is simple then okay otherwise through to secondary review.
If they spend little more time to check all documents and passport copies then most of PR renewal cases will be solved in first attempt.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
b2c said:
Hi Friends,

This reminds me of the time that CRA decided, after my wife and I had been in Canada for more than a year, that she wasn't a resident. They requested information, which we sent in; they lost it. We sent it again; they lost it. We sent it a third time; they received it and then discovered the second set of information we had sent in and couldn't make a decision because now there were two forms submitted at the same time. We begged them to just let us come into their office and show them all of the proof we had -- but no, CRA has closed all of its offices. Just as we were starting to wonder whether suicide might be easier than proving my wife was a resident of the country she was living in, they suddenly and mysteriously made a decision and decided she was a resident.

The moral? Keep sending in the forms, and don't lose your temper, it never helps.