+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to prepare to apply online from outside Canada?

Americanteacher

Sep 13, 2021
I am considering applying online, but I am not sure how the process works?
Can anyone please walk me through it?
How do I prepare?
Do I scan all of the documents and all of the supporting documentation onto a computer - in order to be prepared to upload it all into the online website?
Is there anything else I need to know?
Problems etc that you have run into?
Was it easy for someone with little tech skills?
Was the process easy to understand?

Please help. Time is a huge factor for us...we have had constant delays (beyond our control) and need to get this done ASAP.
I also worry about mailing all of that information and having it get lost somewhere between here and Canada....so I'm considering the online option. But I am not sure if it ask me to complete steps that make no sense (to me)?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If this is spouse sponsorship, you must be in Canada to do so. Online doesn't change that.

(And if you can\t figure out how to do oinline from the instructions, better to do the paper one)

PS2011

Aug 12, 2015
If this is spouse sponsorship, you must be in Canada to do so. Online doesn't change that.

(And if you can\t figure out how to do oinline from the instructions, better to do the paper one)
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (and not a PR), then he doesn't necessarily have to be in Canada to apply - as long as the visa officer is convinced that they will return to Canada after the sponsorship application is granted, then it is all good.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If the sponsor is a Canadian citizen (and not a PR), then he doesn't necessarily have to be in Canada to apply - as long as the visa officer is convinced that they will return to Canada after the sponsorship application is granted, then it is all good.
You're right - he dodntwntion whether he is pr or citizen and that does matter. Mea culpa.

Boviesam

Jun 21, 2015
AOR Received.
06-05-2017
I am considering applying online, but I am not sure how the process works?
Can anyone please walk me through it?
How do I prepare?
Do I scan all of the documents and all of the supporting documentation onto a computer - in order to be prepared to upload it all into the online website?
Is there anything else I need to know?
Problems etc that you have run into?
Was it easy for someone with little tech skills?
Was the process easy to understand?

Please help. Time is a huge factor for us...we have had constant delays (beyond our control) and need to get this done ASAP.
I also worry about mailing all of that information and having it get lost somewhere between here and Canada....so I'm considering the online option. But I am not sure if it ask me to complete steps that make no sense (to me)?