+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to pay fee

beowulfkid

Feb 22, 2009
Hello friends,
I need your help and advise. I am applying for PR in Canada under Skilled Worker category. One thing that is confusing to me is I am not sure how I pay the fee ($550) ?
In Payment Method Options, I see "In Canadian funds only, you may pay by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada.” Do not enclose cash."
As you see, it says "Canadian funds only". I tried talking to my bank..but, they said they do not issue any form of payment in Canadian funds. How do I work around this situation ?
Also, I am in Category 1. Do I mail my application to:
Citizenship & Immigration Canada
Federal Skilled Worker
Centralized Intake Unit PO BOX 7500 Sydney, NS B1P 0A9 Canada

Please help.
Thanks a lot.

A

Albertagoverner

beowulfkid said:
Hello friends,
I need your help and advise. I am applying for PR in Canada under Skilled Worker category. One thing that is confusing to me is I am not sure how I pay the fee ($550) ?
In Payment Method Options, I see "In Canadian funds only, you may pay by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada.” Do not enclose cash."
As you see, it says "Canadian funds only". I tried talking to my bank..but, they said they do not issue any form of payment in Canadian funds. How do I work around this situation ?
Also, I am in Category 1. Do I mail my application to:
Federal Skilled Worker

Please help.
Thanks a lot.
You can pay the fees in Canadian funds from anywhere in world. If in USA then go to any bank here:
Bank Of America
Toronto Dominion Bank (TD Bank)

If in Canada then;
Go to RBC (Royal Bank of Canada)

Travelex Foreign Exchange or any other bank and tell that you need either Cashiers check or Bankers Draft in Canadian Dollars. If not in USA then there are some foreign exchange companies in almost every country in World. Go to www.Thomascook.com and get you 550 CAD.
As far as address of CIC FSW application is concerned, you have to mention that where you are presently

beowulfkid

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks a lot for your reply. Currently, I live in USA. I am currently on worker (H1B) visa and been here for more than 3 years. As I do not have an employment offer from Canada, I believe I fall into category 1. With that said, do I mail the application to the following address ?

Federal Skilled Worker

Pl advise.

Thanks a bunch.

A

Albertagoverner

beowulfkid said:
Thanks a lot for your reply. Currently, I live in USA. I am currently on worker (H1B) visa and been here for more than 3 years. As I do not have an employment offer from Canada, I believe I fall into category 1. With that said, do I mail the application to the following address ?

Federal Skilled Worker

Pl advise.

Thanks a bunch.
If you are on H1B Visa and have been in H1B status for over a year then go through the Alberta Strategic recruitement for H1B Visa holders stream. Why to go through FSW which is more time consuming!! You DO NOT need a job offer to get Alberta provincial Nomination. What is your skill occupation? Are you a IT professional? check this link:
www.albertacanada.com/immigration
In case for some reason if your occupation doesn't fall under NOC list then you should go through FSW and you should mail the application to this address NOT THE ABOVE ONE:

Consulate General of Canada
Regional Immigration Centre
3000 HSBC Center
Buffalo, New York

This address is for all US residents who apply for PR Visa under Federal skilled category

beowulfkid

Feb 22, 2009
Thanks again. Yes. I am an IT professional (H1B) with more than 1 year of experience. If I go through the Alberta Strategic recruitement for H1B Visa holders stream, in the future, is it compulsory for me to work only in Alberta ? I am not sure what is the main difference between FSW and this one.
Yes. I am in the US. But, the following url says:
3. All other federal skilled worker applicants will apply to Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). You will receive a letter advising you whether or not your application will be further assessed by a visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

I thought the first step would be to apply to Nova Scotia office.. and then they would ask me to forward all my docs to Buffalo, NY office once they deem I am eligible for immigration.

Please clarify my confusion by answering the above two questions. Thanks again.

A

Albertagoverner

beowulfkid said:
Thanks again. Yes. I am an IT professional (H1B) with more than 1 year of experience. If I go through the Alberta Strategic recruitement for H1B Visa holders stream, in the future, is it compulsory for me to work only in Alberta ? I am not sure what is the main difference between FSW and this one.
Yes. I am in the US. But, the following url says:
3. All other federal skilled worker applicants will apply to Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada). You will receive a letter advising you whether or not your application will be further assessed by a visa office.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-how.asp

I thought the first step would be to apply to Nova Scotia office.. and then they would ask me to forward all my docs to Buffalo, NY office once they deem I am eligible for immigration.

Please clarify my confusion by answering the above two questions. Thanks again.
Answer 1: Alberta SRS H1b Program is for the people who intend to settle in Alberta Province. There is no mandatory law that you will be only working in Alberta but since the fast processing of PR Visa and all privileages are provided as a applicant who is "Nominated by Alberta Province" so you should stay in Alberta. AINP program is hassle free and fast and as you are on H1B visa so it is a good opportunity for you. Make sure you match your occupation with NOC categories. Let's say you are a Systems Analyst and Programmer or IT consultant then your NOC code will be 2171 Make sure that you mention your occupation according to LCA pages of H1B petition.
Answer 2: The address of Nova Scotia at CIC website is right and the address of Buffalo which I mentioned earlier, is also right. Geographically you are located in United States, Therefore under federal skilled worker program you should send your packet to Buffalo New York address. If there will be any change of Visa office location, CIC Buffalo will inform you as well

Answer 3: DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FSW AND AINP H1B PROGRAM

1. The AINP program is designed to meet the future skill shortage in Alberta province and thier labor needs of existing booming economy. Alberta is biggest Oil producing Province in Canada and Therefore, It is often called a "Texas of Canada"
2. Under AINP program Alberta invite you to live and work there permamnently, hence less formalities like IELTS score and funds etc.
3.Process will be faster than Federal Skilled Worker and other economic categories like refugee, Political Asylum as You will be Nominated Candidate.
4. Once you recieve the Nomination certificate than you have to worry about only Police certificates, FBI and Health Examination report.
5. Although Nothing can be guranteed, But once you are nominated your PR Visa is almost Confirmed.
6. Under AINP you have less chances that you will be called for interview while in FSW you have greater chances.

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
I am applying for Buffalo office and nominated under Alberta program. I need to know what currency to pay the initial application fee. Can I pay in US dollars. Buffalo website says I can but the documents I received says canadian dollars only. Regardless I am having a hard time getting cashier check or draft from US banks (Bank of America included- no body seems to know what I am talking about even in terms of drafts etc). I finally got an internationl money order from USPS for $550 US dollars. I am assuming I dont know the currency conversion, if its more or less they can send the money back or worst case return the whole application but its been really frustrating

Can anyone please advice how they paid in Buffalo office?

Here is the link I found

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=18&menu=L

Thanks

A

Albertagoverner

xprsurslf said:
I am applying for Buffalo office and nominated under Alberta program. I need to know what currency to pay the initial application fee. Can I pay in US dollars. Buffalo website says I can but the documents I received says canadian dollars only. Regardless I am having a hard time getting cashier check or draft from US banks (Bank of America included- no body seems to know what I am talking about even in terms of drafts etc).

Can anyone please advice how they paid in Buffalo office?

Here is the link I found

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=18&menu=L

Thanks
Yes you can pay in US Dollars. In US dollars it is 465.00$. Can you also post your timeline of getting PNP certificate

xprsurslf

Mar 19, 2009
Thank you Governor.

I applied last yr when they had a prescreening process back in November 08. I received the ANIP file number in Dec and by Feb I got the ANIP approval so I would say it took 2 after receiving file number and 3 months from scratch. FBI clearance is quick too within US (less then 2 weeks) and thats about it. I had been going around in circles because of the picture requirement (couldn't find anyone who could cut it as per canadian specification) and money order but I will take your word and send the $465 in US dollars and we will see how it goes.

Later!

A

Albertagoverner

xprsurslf said:
Thank you Governor.

I applied last yr when they had a prescreening process back in November 08. I received the ANIP file number in Dec and by Feb I got the ANIP approval so I would say it took 2 after receiving file number and 3 months from scratch. FBI clearance is quick too within US (less then 2 weeks) and thats about it. I had been going around in circles because of the picture requirement (couldn't find anyone who could cut it as per canadian specification) and money order but I will take your word and send the $465 in US dollars and we will see how it goes.

Later!

Reagrding fee payment always consult with the Buffalo consulate website NOT CIC website. Just to be more sure click on this link:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/fees-frais_buffalo.aspx

Mar 20, 2009
Hi Governer,

I want to apply under FSW1 category. I live in Istanbul, so would it be correct way if I pay the application fee in USD, cause `money order` can`t be purchased in CAD here.
In response to a question earlier, you had suggested that it would be possible payment can be made in USD but that question was applicable to Buffalo Visa Office. Could you please inform me on this issue if you would, thank you much, regards.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

winter_solstice said:
Hi Governer,

I want to apply under FSW1 category. I live in Istanbul, so would it be correct way if I pay the application fee in USD, cause `money order` can`t be purchased in CAD here.
In response to a question earlier, you had suggested that it would be possible payment can be made in USD but that question was applicable to Buffalo Visa Office. Could you please inform me on this issue if you would, thank you much, regards.
Send a US $ cheque to CIU Sydney, you will get your application back. But if you like mailing applications back and forth because you didn't follow instructions, its your time and money. Talk to an international bank, HSBC or even American Express they can do $Can bank drafts.

PMM