+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to pay biometric fee for an online application

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
What is AOR by the way?
Didn't you get a biometrics request letter?
Aor is Acknowledgement of receipt letter, it means that they've received my application and it's complete, is not missing any documentation. I didn't got biometrics letter.

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
Hi! I applied for visitor extension last October 14. I didn’t pay for biometrics fee I just paid $100 for the extension. It’s been two months now and there is no update with my application. I’ve read in other forums that they received a letter requesting them TO PAY biometrics fee but in my case I didn’t receive that kind of message. Should I still pay for biometrics fee? I’ve never submitted one before.

I’m thinking I need to pay for it, but I didn’t receive a letter of request from CIC for me to pay biometrics. It’s just stating there in my application status in biometrics section that “If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.”

I’m just worried because it’s been two months nowsince I applied and I haven’t heard from them yet :(

LucileneS

Sep 16, 2019
Hi! I applied for visitor extension last October 14. I didn’t pay for biometrics fee I just paid $100 for the extension. It’s been two months now and there is no update with my application. I’ve read in other forums that they received a letter requesting them TO PAY biometrics fee but in my case I didn’t receive that kind of message. Should I still pay for biometrics fee? I’ve never submitted one before.

I’m thinking I need to pay for it, but I didn’t receive a letter of request from CIC for me to pay biometrics. It’s just stating there in my application status in biometrics section that “If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.”

I’m just worried because it’s been two months nowsince I applied and I haven’t heard from them yet :(

I applied 3 months ago and still no updates. I paid the biometric fee but they've refunded the amount. So it seems like it wasn't necessary in my case. Still waiting...

ehsanshah

Aug 13, 2018

send a web form and also email to CIC. Tell them the situation and they will reply. Send another Email and Webform if they didn't reply in 5 days. Keep posting until you get an answer.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
I applied 3 months ago and still no updates. I paid the biometric fee but they've refunded the amount. So it seems like it wasn't necessary in my case. Still waiting...
visitor extension can take up to 4 months depending on load, and individual case. As of now the processing time for online app is 111 days, since you have past the normal processing times you can call or send a webform to ask.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
send a web form and also email to CIC. Tell them the situation and they will reply. Send another Email and Webform if they didn't reply in 5 days. Keep posting until you get an answer.
from october 13 they are still within processing time

Xixco

Dec 17, 2019
Hello,
I have even weirder situation... Reading previous posts, I found the way how to pay the biometric fees, but now they are asking to log into my profile by asking email address and password if I already have account or to create new account. I had created my account through my online banking and I never used email as my user name. Now I cannot log in onto my account to pay the fee.
Does anyone know how to log in?

Yagna1998

Sep 10, 2018
Hello,
I have even weirder situation... Reading previous posts, I found the way how to pay the biometric fees, but now they are asking to log into my profile by asking email address and password if I already have account or to create new account. I had created my account through my online banking and I never used email as my user name. Now I cannot log in onto my account to pay the fee.
Hey there..same is happening to me. do you find a way?

Jan 7, 2020
yes, I sent them an email and they told me I have to pay for biometric (85 CAD) through this link: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 and then send them the receipt of my payment. after a couple of hours (and 2 days for one of my friends) they sent me the biometric letter.
all you need is contacting them through email or web form. (My embassy is in Ankara and they didn't answer the web from so I emailed them and they answered).
very well, but the thing i don't understand is how you send it to them... by email??? i don't see a way, there was no email on the canada website and the other email that confirms your application is a non-replyable email account, please help

agbreedy

Feb 24, 2020
Hello,

Hi, did you figure out a way to complete the process? The same thing is happening to me and I don't know where to go from here.

Reactions: Xixco

Xixco

Dec 17, 2019
Hi, did you figure out a way to complete the process? The same thing is happening to me and I don't know where to go from here.
It’s actually quite simple. Go to that eservices link above, find biometrics and input the number of people you’re paying for. Then click submit or whatever and you’ll be prompted to either create a profile or to sign in. You actually have to create new profile, believe it or not, and you’ll use this new profile only to pay the fee. Once you do that, they will send you an email receipt, which you need to save and then through the Web Form send it to IRCC. Make sure your info is correct and they will send you instruction letter within few days.