+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to organize my spousal immigration package

OmarMark

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hello & thank you in advance,

I was curious as to how I can go about organizing and sending my application to Mississauga to sponsor my wife. I understand I should follow the order of the checklist with the check list on top starting the application.

What I was wondering is how I should send the application itself; it's a lot of papers and pretty bulky. I at this moment have all the papers neatly organized in a clear page booklet with folders and labels having everything put together well. Followed by a simple cover letter I'm adding to explain particular things I didn't have room to explain in the actual application.

Can I send this hardcover booklet the way it is? Or should I put all my mini-folders, papers and envelops in order then paper clip them and send them via mail package?

Or maybe it doesn't actually matter? I'm unsure but would like to be certain of course. :)

Best Regards,
Omar H.

CarrieK

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
I read somewhere not to put it in a booklet cover but to just use paper clips. I just grouped paper and pictures with paper clips in the order of the checklist. I’ve gone on the site to try to find it that passage I read; but no luck. Maybe another member here can confirm this as well?!
Good luck

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
I haven't sent mine yet.
I have watched a couple of videos about how other people have done it.
I would keep it with the minimum clips and anything that can be a hassle or distracting for the person goong through it all.

No folders or enveloppes definitely.
No sticky notes.

OmarMark

Star Member
Jun 23, 2017
I haven't sent mine yet.
I have watched a couple of videos about how other people have done it.
I would keep it with the minimum clips and anything that can be a hassle or distracting for the person goong through it all.

No folders or enveloppes definitely.
No sticky notes.
Thank you for the input! Makes sense, there's just a couple things about no envelopes which might be hard. I mean we have 6-7 extra papers because of letters they requested. Like close members writting about our relationship and enclosed letters from my parents promising housing as we look for a place. Should all these be removed from any envelopes and placed alongside the package nearing the back?

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
I would just put the letters withould folding them, straight just like another page and without the envelopes UNLESS the envelopes are relevant (if the address on them proves you reside there or something...)

Moving.montreal

Jan 7, 2018
This is the example I am following.

Please, keep in mind I have NOT sent mine so I can't say this is accurate 100%. Use your own criteria.

Good luck!!

Reactions: CarrieK