+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to open a company to work as independent contractor in Toronto?

AT07

Oct 4, 2014
Hi,

Can someone help me with the process of opening own company to work as an Independent contractor in Toronto?

Thanks

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

This might help:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/become-general-contractor-ontario-12653.html

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
i would recommened looking on the website specifically for Toronto or the ontario government website. there are usually tabs for the business sector which will have information about registering your business in your city/province.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do note that this type of set up will not protect you from meeting the RO......not saying that's your plan but so many PRs think they can open up a mom and pops set up in Canada and run/ operate it remotely from some other country thinking it secures their PR status. For some reason many of these PRs are US based...waiting for that employment based GC eh! Competing with these are the ME based PRs not wanting to give up their tax free petro$$$ but wanting to remain Canadian PRs...you know the Gulf has no 'immigrant' streams to gaining PR eh!

Reactions: akkoajangajang

AT07

Oct 4, 2014
Hi Msafiri ,

Thanks for the reply. I don't know what is RO.
Sorry, I am not understanding ME etc from your reply. I will google and find out.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you looking to start a business or get a contract job through a placement agency? If the latter then contact CRV or search for information regarding "incorporation in Canada" and "self proprietorship in Canada"

AT07

Oct 4, 2014
Thank you Canv.

I will look for incorporation in Canada. They told me that I need to Incorporate.

blueshirt

Apr 28, 2014
My friend when he came to canada he open incorporation it cost him somewhere $500 to $650. It can be cheaper but he opened named company not numbered company.He was working as a independent contractor. Since 2 years he is now full time employee. What do you guys suggest keep his incorporation active with no income and also keep his business bank account or should he close his dormant company. What positive or negative impact he will have as he does not want to again go through incorporation process what if he looses his job and need to do contracting again.

Please give wise and correct advice so he can make a serious decision. One more thing to add he is becoming citizen soon as waiting oath so as work history he had to show most of his incorporation income etc.