+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to obtain Work Authorization Letter in Canada from outside

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
My question is
How to obtain Work Authorization Letter in Canada from outside??
Since its very difficult to obtain offer letter regarding jobs in Canada, most of the Canadian job portals are for residents of Canada only.
This situation is making many prospective immigrants to look for immigration consultants and among those immigration consultants many are fraud according to my confirmed sources (This website is authentic)
On the other hand it can be said that the only way to find jobs in Canada is to reach Canada , stay there and look for jobs)
I can also say this is bit risky proposition since there are chances of returning back to native country without finding a job with satisfaction
I can give one example few years back someone who was a mechanical engineer went to United States only returned to India without finding anything to his satisfaction after 1 year.
So the way remains is allowing immigrants outside Canada to find jobs in easy manner.
I hope this situation improves.
I still repeat my question as I might be missing some info
How to obtain Work Authorization Letter in Canada from outside??

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
To get work authorization, you need to find an employer who gives you a job offer. That employer needs to apply for LMIA ($1000+, time and paperwork) to prove that no Canadian or PR can do the job and that hiring you will expand their business. Many will not go through the process. This can take months to process. Once you have a positive LMIA then you apply for a closed work permit. Again processing can take months or over a year.

There are many scams out there offering LMIAS with free food, transportation and accommodation.

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
With so many businesses shutting down and pool of local workforce available, nobody is giving LMIA for next 5 years at least.

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
To get work authorization, you need to find an employer who gives you a job offer. That employer needs to apply for LMIA ($1000+, time and paperwork) to prove that no Canadian or PR can do the job and that hiring you will expand their business. Many will not go through the process. This can take months to process. Once you have a positive LMIA then you apply for a closed work permit. Again processing can take months or over a year.

There are many scams out there offering LMIAS with free food, transportation and accommodation.
The best option for those seeking to immigrate to Canada but don't obtain a job offer is to apply for Express Entry Programs. Express Entry is a point-based system that manages applicants seeking permanent residency for those who can fill jobs where there is a lack of available skilled Canadian workers.
I found this ,I think this process is the most suitable one

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
With so many businesses shutting down and pool of local workforce available, nobody is giving LMIA for next 5 years at least.
I know you are right but those businesses shutting are related to some specific fields not all businesses are shutting down due to this period world is facing now , am in the agricultural sector , agricultural sector is still going strong

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
The best option for those seeking to immigrate to Canada but don't obtain a job offer is to apply for Express Entry Programs. Express Entry is a point-based system that manages applicants seeking permanent residency for those who can fill jobs where there is a lack of available skilled Canadian workers.
I found this ,I think this process is the most suitable one
YES Express Entry is the only option, and that option is gonna be streamlined sooner or later.
Better to get a PR status and then apply for a job. LMIA is very rare and it's not impossible unless the employee they are hiring should be an exceptionally skilled professional or a work that belongs to an extreme in demand according to the labor market.

Last edited:

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
YES Express Entry is the only option, and that option is gonna be streamlined sooner or later.
Better to get a PR status and then apply for a job. LMIA is very rare and it's not impossible unless the employee they are hiring should be an exceptionally skilled professional or a work that belongs to an extreme in demand according to the labor market.
okay that is a very good information I appreciate your help and also @
Naturgrl

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
Also another question is it possible to immigrate to Canada as single??
If the clause is to get married and then immigrate then I wont immigrate to Canada at all.
If it is possible to migrate to Canada as in my present status as a single I wish to migrate to Canada??
It is not possible for me to get married to anyone as I am in a relationship in India and she does not encourage the fact in getting married?? She is not interested to go abroad at all at this moment or for next few years.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If the clause is to get married and then immigrate then I wont immigrate to Canada at all.
If it is possible to migrate to Canada as in my present status as a single I wish to migrate to Canada??
It is not possible for me to get married to anyone as I am in a relationship in India and she does not encourage the fact in getting married?? She is not interested to go abroad at all at this moment or for next few years.
You can immigrate as a single. If PR or citizen, you can sponsor a spouse.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Not sure where you got the idea one has to be married to migrate to Canada, or anywhere in the world for that matter.

It’s actually easier in all respects to migrate as a single applicant.

Last edited:

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
Not sure where you got the idea one has to be married to migrate to Canada, or anywhere in the world for that matter.

It’s actually easier in all respects to migrate as a single applicant.
oh okay actually without a legitimate and authorized immigration consultant guidance things look bit complicated from outside anyways thanks for the info

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
I got a LMIA at the end of last year but I do fairly niche work that it appeared they couldn't find a local candidate for.

shiladitya mukherjee

Feb 25, 2020
Just to clear my confusions in order to be eligible as an Express Entry Candidate and without a job offer from Canada from outside what I understood
1) We have to complete IELTS with 2 years validity
2) Evaluation of educational achievements or credentials with the mentioned authorized Canadian body
3) Police Clearance Certificate ( But it applies for some countries and for some countries not ,for example in India a Passport is obtained by going through Police Clearance Process)

My questions remains what other forms of assessments we need to go through in order to be considered for an Express Entry
Or correct me please if I am wrong somewhere??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just to clear my confusions in order to be eligible as an Express Entry Candidate and without a job offer from Canada from outside what I understood
1) We have to complete IELTS with 2 years validity
2) Evaluation of educational achievements or credentials with the mentioned authorized Canadian body
3) Police Clearance Certificate ( But it applies for some countries and for some countries not ,for example in India a Passport is obtained by going through Police Clearance Process)

My questions remains what other forms of assessments we need to go through in order to be considered for an Express Entry
Or correct me please if I am wrong somewhere??
Full information is here. You will have to dedicate time to reading through the detailed application process and what steps you need to take to apply.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html