07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
Hi.. :)

Anyone just recently obtain Singapore Police Clearance?
I'm a foreigner residing in Singapore for 6 yrs.. :)
Can I submit as proof of request the SINP nomination cetificate?

Please share some tips and guidelines.. :)

Thank you very much!

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enaid1026 said:
Hi.. :)

Anyone just recently obtain Singapore Police Clearance?
I'm a foreigner residing in Singapore for 6 yrs.. :)
Can I submit as proof of request the SINP nomination cetificate?

Please share some tips and guidelines.. :)

Thank you very much!
I believe some people have used a copy of the CIC material that says that a PCC is required for an EE application, and a copy of their ITA as proof.

enaid1026

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-09-2016
AOR Received.
26-09-2016
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
24-09-2016
istari said:
I believe some people have used a copy of the CIC material that says that a PCC is required for an EE application, and a copy of their ITA as proof.
I see.. cause i haven't accept yet my nomination.. so i don't have ITA yet.. that's why i want to know if certificate of nomination can be use, so i can apply now for Singapore Clearance even without the ITA yet.

Thanks!

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
enaid1026 said:
I see.. cause i haven't accept yet my nomination.. so i don't have ITA yet.. that's why i want to know if certificate of nomination can be use, so i can apply now for Singapore Clearance even without the ITA yet.

Thanks!
They want the CIC letter along with the form. Wait for that before you apply. The 60SGD fee is non refundable

ss_2016

Jul 10, 2016
Hi Jaymax,

I am residing outside Singapore. As I worked in Singapore 15 years back (for 2 years) I need to obtain COC.

Based on my ITA letter, I applied for Appeal, which is now successful. I am being asked to apply for COC online.

Could you please help in confirming:

1) If I should apply for COC now OR submit my PR application & wait for CIC letter specifying to get COC from Singapore ? This is because ITA doesn't contain any address where Singapore Police can send the COC and (as per my understanding) they don't send the COC to the applicant.
2) In case I need to wait for specific letter, how much time this appeal approval will be valid ?

This will be a great help if you guide further.

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
Hi I recently got an ITA and is now gathering all docs to submit my application. I've been to Sg for almost 6 months in 2006. I read in Singapore Police Force website that I need a FIN to apply online, the problem is I already forgot that and have no other record showing my FIN. Please advise what to do and should I wait for the letter from CIC to request for police certificate? Is FIN really necessary to apply for a SG COC even if I already have the CIC letter? Kindly advise. Thank you!

sud123

Nov 3, 2016
How long it took to get your appeal accepted, Sir?

ss_2016 said:
Hi Jaymax,

I am residing outside Singapore. As I worked in Singapore 15 years back (for 2 years) I need to obtain COC.

Based on my ITA letter, I applied for Appeal, which is now successful. I am being asked to apply for COC online.

Could you please help in confirming:

1) If I should apply for COC now OR submit my PR application & wait for CIC letter specifying to get COC from Singapore ? This is because ITA doesn't contain any address where Singapore Police can send the COC and (as per my understanding) they don't send the COC to the applicant.
2) In case I need to wait for specific letter, how much time this appeal approval will be valid ?

This will be a great help if you guide further.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Hi everyone.

Even if some of the people were able to obtain Singapore COC by just providing ITA as proof, did they get it on their address, or did SPF sent the COC directly to CIC? CIC website says that it would not accept PCC/COC sent by mail.

The below quoted special notes are mentioned in their website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
madhouseontheshore said:
Hi everyone.

Even if some of the people were able to obtain Singapore COC by just providing ITA as proof, did they get it on their address, or did SPF sent the COC directly to CIC? CIC website says that it would not accept PCC/COC sent by mail.

The below quoted special notes are mentioned in their website:

Do I need to provide a Police Certificate for Express Entry?
Yes, but only after you submit your application. When you apply for permanent residence, you will be asked to upload a police certificate. Instead, you must upload a document that states: “I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”
We will then review your application. If it is otherwise complete, we will send you more information on how to get a police certificate. Please read the instructions above for more information.
We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/singapore.asp
As far as I know, if you are PA then you can go ahead to request a COC from SPF with ITA letter. However, if you are dependent, then you have to wait.

Please go through the links below to read more on this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-verification-from-singapore-t405126.15.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-police-certificate-t476106.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t472235.0.html;msg5785111#msg5785111

I read on the other thread that you were initially on visitor pass and then on employment pass. Also, during the employment pass you had multiple travel in/out of Singapore. Same as my case. Could you please check and confirm that SPF will provide the COC for the entire duration or the last travel?

Thank you!

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Pawshi said:
As far as I know, if you are PA then you can go ahead to request a COC from SPF with ITA letter. However, if you are dependent, then you have to wait.

Please go through the links below to read more on this topic.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/police-verification-from-singapore-t405126.15.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-police-certificate-t476106.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t472235.0.html;msg5785111#msg5785111

I read on the other thread that you were initially on visitor pass and then on employment pass. Also, during the employment pass you had multiple travel in/out of Singapore. Same as my case. Could you please check and confirm that SPF will provide the COC for the entire duration or the last travel?

Thank you!
Thanks for responding. I was getting desperate because I wasn't getting answers and thus posting my queries on multiple threads..
I have submitted appeal for Sing COC on last Saturday and expect to get a response from them within a couple of weeks.

Apart from the same question that you have on the dates of COC, I am also looking for the mode of delivery of COC to CIC, as CIC clearly mentions on their website that "We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

I only noticed this and did not enquire SPF in my appeal whether they will send it directly to CIC or send it to me only.

On the dates thing, you can go through the appeal I submitted to have an idea. I have requested them to issue a certificate covering all the period of my stay in Singapore including visits made on visit visas as well as on the employment pass.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Dear Officer,

I am currently living in my home country, Pakistan and I have applied for Canadian Immigration as a skilled immigrant under their Express Entry program. I have been invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada and as part of the documents I need to submit, I am required to provide police character certificates for every country where I have spend more than 180 days.

I have visited and lived in Singapore from XXX 2013 to XXX 2014. As I have spent more than the aforementioned 180-day period in Singapore, I am therefore required to submit Singapore Certificate of Clearance. This certificate should cover all the time spent in Singapore from the first day of my visit till the day of departure on my last visit.

My initial visits were for business meetings and later, I worked on Employment Pass as an 'Application Consultant' on an Oracle implementation project. During my time in Singapore, I acted properly and and did not violate any laws. I request you to please issue a Certificate of Clearance on my conduct during my time in Singapore.

Below are the details of my various visits to Singapore along with visa status:

First visit on Visit Visa --------------- XX/XX/2013 to XX/XX/2013
Second visit on Visit Visa ---------- XX/XX/2013 to XX/XX/2013
Third visit on Visit Visa -------------- XX/XX/2013 to XX/XX/2013
Travelled on Employment Pass approval --------- XX/XX/2013
Employment Pass issue date ------------------------- XX/XX/2013
Date of Final Departure from Singapore ---------- XX/XX/2013

I also made a number of visits from Singapore to Pakistan, Malaysia and Sri Lanka after I was issued employment pass, between XX/XX/2013 and XX/XX/2014.

I hope that you will approve my appeal and proceed with the issuance of Certificate of Clearance. Thank you for reading my request.

Regards.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
madhouseontheshore said:
Thanks for responding. I was getting desperate because I wasn't getting answers and thus posting my queries on multiple threads..
I have submitted appeal for Sing COC on last Saturday and expect to get a response from them within a couple of weeks.

Apart from the same question that you have on the dates of COC, I am also looking for the mode of delivery of COC to CIC, as CIC clearly mentions on their website that "We will not accept police certificates sent by mail for Express Entry applications."

I only noticed this and did not enquire SPF in my appeal whether they will send it directly to CIC or send it to me only.

On the dates thing, you can go through the appeal I submitted to have an idea. I have requested them to issue a certificate covering all the period of my stay in Singapore including visits made on visit visas as well as on the employment pass.
Is there a friend of yours in Singapore? You can ask him/her to take the COC on your behalf. I dont think SPF will forward the COC directly to IRCC. They will send it back to you to your address given at the time of request. They generally send the letter through singtel normal post and it gets delayed. So many have asked their friends in Singapore to collect it locally, colour scan it, forward the scan to you over email, and forward the physical copy to your address through fedex (which ensure the delivery in a week).

I would like to understand your stay pattern in Singapore. Did you travel multiple times while in EP? Will they give the COC for the whole duration - visitor pass and EP?

Thank you,

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
My friends left Singapore but I still know a few people from there. Will have to think twice before bothering any of them to collect the PCC. They are nice and will do it but still don't want to bother them if I can get it by post in a reasonable timeframe.

After going through the links of threads you mentioned I think my other question regarding sending the COC is answered. Once we receive it, we will have to upload it electronically, just like all the other documents we have to submit along with our e-APR documentation.

Coming to my travel history, I travelled from Singapore to Pakistan after every couple of months, as well as travelled to Sri Lanka once and to Malaysia a number of times as a tourist. I have requested them to cover all my visits/stay in Singapore and but can only hope they do so.

I also read on one of the threads that they usually take 5 days to answer, which would be by friday this week.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Good. I will wait for your PCC and will adopt the strategy based on the same. I am not a PA. So we will have to submit the application without singapore PCC and request IRCC to give me a letter for the same. Based on that, we will initiate the appeal and COC request.

madhouseontheshore

Star Member
Jul 26, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-08-2017
Passport Req..
23-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2017
Pawshi said:
Good. I will wait for your PCC and will adopt the strategy based on the same. I am not a PA. So we will have to submit the application without singapore PCC and request IRCC to give me a letter for the same. Based on that, we will initiate the appeal and COC request.
I submitted the appeal on Saturday night. Today was is the first working day after I submitted the appeal and I just received an email; says my Sing COC appeal has been approved! man, Singaporeans have the most efficient govt depts.

Going to submit the required docs now.