+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to Name change/Split after Oath ceremony

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I do not think that that is the only reason to send file to PSU. I know other people who have first name blank and whole name on last name field and they got requested fingerprints and then rest of processing was normal.
I don’t do know anything about PSU so I can’t comment.

Since you applied in September 2018, I would not worry about file processing speed yet, just have patience and if you don’t hear anything from IRCC until mid summer then you can call them and check what’s going on, Unless you are overly worrisome.

Good luck.
Hi,

Have you applied for name change already?
I am in the same situation, but i am still thinking if i should go for a name change (split actually) before applying for citizenship or after.
As in your case, if you change it now, do you have to change it on your citizenship certificate as well or just with the legal name change certificate you can get it modified on your new Canadian passport.

Reactions: luckysinghlucky
Feb 22, 2019
I will let you know how would i proceed.

As of now i am not applying name change request until i get my citizenship certificate.

Second thought if it is too much hassle I may keep the name same way, i do not think if it actually affect anything in life than just my OCD lol .

Reactions: calgary17

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I will let you know how would i proceed.

As of now i am not applying name change request until i get my citizenship certificate.

Second thought if it is too much hassle I may keep the name same way, i do not think if it actually affect anything in life than just my OCD lol .
I am also going to apply for my citizenship and i was in dilemma should i change it now or later.
But now i am going to apply it anyway and after getting my citizenship certificate and passport (i’ll get for 5 years), then will change it on both.

It was easy for me to do it now but i do not want to wait another 2-3 months for the legal name change, as i need the canadian passport as soon as possible.
Keep me posted.
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: luckysinghlucky