Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28.11.2013 by the grace of Allah SWT
torontosm said:
The easiest way would be to open a Premier account with HSBC, which would allow you to instantly open accounts at HSBC locations internationally. You could then transfer funds between countries easily.

Otherwise, speak to any international bank in KSA about a wire transfer. It shouldn't be an issue.

Finally, if all else fails, bring a bank draft with you in CAD or USD and just deposit it into your TD account.
Can I open this account with HSBC while being in KSA !!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Hasni said:
I would think even if you can't open it while you are in KSA, you can open it once you return to Canada and then you would be able to move the money around as suggested while remaining in Canada. I think that was what he was trying to explain to you.

Best of luck.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
I would think even if you can't open it while you are in KSA, you can open it once you return to Canada and then you would be able to move the money around as suggested while remaining in Canada. I think that was what he was trying to explain to you.

Best of luck.
It would only work if you own one HSBC Premier/Advance account in KSA and one HSBC Premier/Advance account in Canada, otherwise, it would be a regular non-instant wire transfer between two different banks. Hasni, you would need to visit a HSBC branch in KSA to find out whether this is an option in KSA.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
steaky said:
It would only work if you own one HSBC Premier account in KSA and one HSBC Premier account in Canada, otherwise, it would be a regular non-free and non-instant wire transfer between two different banks. Hasni, you would need to visit a HSBC branch in KSA to find out whether this is an option in KSA.
I think he was asking for a response based on this
The easiest way would be to open a Premier account with HSBC, which would allow you to instantly open accounts at HSBC locations internationally. You could then transfer funds between countries easily.

Otherwise, speak to any international bank in KSA about a wire transfer. It shouldn't be an issue.

Finally, if all else fails, bring a bank draft with you in CAD or USD and just deposit it into your TD account.
which would seem to imply that he can open the account in Canada if NOT in KSA and then be able to also open an international account ANYWHERE there is a branch available without issue.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
which would seem to imply that he can open the account in Canada if NOT in KSA and then be able to also open an international account ANYWHERE there is a branch available without issue.
Of course he can visit a HSBC branch in Canada and open an account. However, I went through the HSBC website but cannot find KSA as one of the countries that offer instant money transfer. The closest countries are Qatar, UAE and Oman. That's why I suggest Hasni to visit a HSBC branch to find out.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Hasni said:
You would have to check with SABB (HSBC's affiliate in KSA). If they do allow you to, then you should actually be able to open a C$ or US$ account online using Internet banking. Once this is done, you can transfer your funds there. Once you arrive in Canada, visit any HSBC branch and present your Premier card. They will open a Canadian account for you in under 15 mins., and will also provide you with a C$ credit card. You can then transfer funds between accounts globally at will.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
torontosm said:
You would have to check with SABB (HSBC's affiliate in KSA). If they do allow you to, then you should actually be able to open a C$ or US$ account online using Internet banking. Once this is done, you can transfer your funds there. Once you arrive in Canada, visit any HSBC branch and present your Premier card. They will open a Canadian account for you in under 15 mins., and will also provide you with a C$ credit card. You can then transfer funds between accounts globally at will.
Hasni,

My relative has gone to Canada for landing. She took about $60-70k: she took some in form of cash, I think, about 8-10k, and rest in form of draft on a Canadian Bank. And, she went thru fine.

This strategy can be used besides the ones suggested above.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
torontosm said:
BTW, Hasni:

Hasni,

Did you try this method? It looks safer and cleaner.

I will be in your boat very shortly, too. javascript:void(0);

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
sharedknowledge said:
BTW, Hasni:

Hasni,

Did you try this method? It looks safer and cleaner.

I will be in your boat very shortly, too. javascript:void(0);
I have a nice threaded posts on this money transfer to Canada. Check it out, too:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here/-t226616.0.html;msg3278777#msg3278777

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sharedknowledge said:
I have a nice threaded posts on this money transfer to Canada. Check it out, too:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/fsw-2013-applicants-timeline-lets-network-here/-t226616.0.html;msg3278777#msg3278777
thanks sharedknowledge, will go through the thread. Just to share that I have tried NCB online transfer by wiring a decent amount @ SAR 3.571 = 1C$, rate includes all the transfer fees. It reached to my account in Canada within four days. Is it a good exchange rate, pls share.
Ps, I haven't tried the SAAB / HSBC option, and would rather like to go ahead with my NCB online transfer if you fellows approve the exchange rate that I am getting this way, cheers

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Hasni said:
thanks sharedknowledge, will go through the thread. Just to share that I have tried NCB online transfer by wiring a decent amount @ SAR 3.571 = 1C$, rate includes all the transfer fees. It reached to my account in Canada within four days. Is it a good exchange rate, pls share.
Ps, I haven't tried the SAAB / HSBC option, and would rather like to go ahead with my NCB online transfer if you fellows approve the exchange rate that I am getting this way, cheers
Since I myself have no idea on the transfer, I can't comment. Probably some other forum members may suggest.

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
Hasni said:
Which is the best bank for Saudi-based immigrants? In which bank have you opened your account?

Hasni

Champion Member
May 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
sharedknowledge said:
Which is the best bank for Saudi-based immigrants? In which bank have you opened your account?
I have my account in NCB, SAAB is also a good option.

drjafs

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/9/2011
AOR Received.
6/12/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12.09.2012, Passport recd at LVO on 19.9.2012, Ecas changed to Decision Made on 25.09.12
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully......... Canada address appeared on 04.10.2012!! on ecas,Visa stamped on 3.10.12, passports and COPR received on 13.10.12.
LANDED..........
landed on 12.12.12 by the Grace of God!!
The best solution is to open an account with Banque Saudi Fransi in Saudi Arabia. The account can be in SAR or USD. You can then transfer online directly into the TD Canada Trust Account. This is the best way without much waiting period or bank charges. Other local banks will not be able to help.

Just go ahead and try....lol

sharedknowledge

Nov 30, 2012
drjafs said:
The best solution is to open an account with Banque Saudi Fransi in Saudi Arabia. The account can be in SAR or USD. You can then transfer online directly into the TD Canada Trust Account. This is the best way without much waiting period or bank charges. Other local banks will not be able to help.

Just go ahead and try....lol
+1 for you on valuable info.

Can we open account in TD Bank from Saudi Arabia and transfer money into it thru the Saudi Fransi Bank? Also, I read that RCB offers best options for the new immigrants. So, what do you think one should do?