+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to mention previous visa refusal?

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
@Bryanna or Other seniors need your help to make my file stronger.

Yesterday i was got refusal for my visitor visa stated refusal reason like :

1.Travel History
( I dont have any travel history )
2.Purpose of Travel
( i have clearly mentioned the purpose of visit including invitation letter from my friend who is citizen of canada - Just not submitted day by day itinerary )
3. Personal assets and financial status
( May be because i haven't attached any property documents , i'm married and submitted along with marriage certificate & employment letters with pay slips and NOC on letterhead )

i would like to reapply so please help me with that. i have prepared docs again as per reasons this solution i've decided.

1. Travel History - Solution ( I've create better cover letter to explain him this will my first international trip and i dont have any intention to stay in canada )

2.Purpose of travel - Solution ( in previous application i was written trip time like 3 Month..may be thats why caused issue so this time mentioning to visit for short trip - 3 weeks along with the day by day itinerary)

3. Personal assets - Solution ( in previous application i've not attached any property or tax documents. for this time i would like to attach property documents but as i'm living in joint family all property are in names of my father and mother. on my name i only have bike. can i submit papers of my father property like House ( Almost 1 Cr INR value ), Farm ( 30 Lakhs INR ) and Car papers. )

I would like to know for my new application where should i write this my previous visitor visa application is refused and where to mention reasons in new?

let me know along with best answer and your advice please. Thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna or Other seniors need your help to make my file stronger.

Yesterday i was got refusal for my visitor visa stated refusal reason like :

1.Travel History
( I dont have any travel history )
2.Purpose of Travel
( i have clearly mentioned the purpose of visit including invitation letter from my friend who is citizen of canada - Just not submitted day by day itinerary )
3. Personal assets and financial status
( May be because i haven't attached any property documents , i'm married and submitted along with marriage certificate & employment letters with pay slips and NOC on letterhead )

i would like to reapply so please help me with that. i have prepared docs again as per reasons this solution i've decided.

1. Travel History - Solution ( I've create better cover letter to explain him this will my first international trip and i dont have any intention to stay in canada )

2.Purpose of travel - Solution ( in previous application i was written trip time like 3 Month..may be thats why caused issue so this time mentioning to visit for short trip - 3 weeks along with the day by day itinerary)

3. Personal assets - Solution ( in previous application i've not attached any property or tax documents. for this time i would like to attach property documents but as i'm living in joint family all property are in names of my father and mother. on my name i only have bike. can i submit papers of my father property like House ( Almost 1 Cr INR value ), Farm ( 30 Lakhs INR ) and Car papers. )

I would like to know for my new application where should i write this my previous visitor visa application is refused and where to mention reasons in new?

let me know along with best answer and your advice please. Thank you
So sorry to hear you were refused.

A three-months' visit is a huge no-no. It indicates very weak ties to India + the possibility to overstay or even to work illegally.

Do post more information:
1. What was the purpose of your visit other than to meet your friend?

2. Are you employed? Or have a business/company?

3. Your parents' properties cannot be submitted for your application because legally you do not own nor manage those properties.

4. Do you have children? What other ties can you prove to India?

Reactions: Naname

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
Thanks for reply @Bryanna here's the info

1. Main purpose of my visit is Meet my friend and Tourism only!
2.Yes i'm employed. i've submitted my whole year salary certificate, referance letter, NOC & Leave letter from employer on companies letterhead
3.I Don't have properties on my name..just one Bike. all properties on my father and mother's name.
4.No,I don't have children! Just married last year. what should else i can provide as ties! :(

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks for reply @Bryanna here's the info

1. Main purpose of my visit is Meet my friend and Tourism only!
2.Yes i'm employed. i've submitted my whole year salary certificate, referance letter, NOC & Leave letter from employer on companies letterhead
3.I Don't have properties on my name..just one Bike. all properties on my father and mother's name.
4.No,I don't have children! Just married last year. what should else i can provide as ties! :(
First, I would recommend you do not reapply for some months. Visiting a friend for sightseeing may not seem like a compelling reason to visit especially for a first-time traveler. Also, the huge change in the visit length from three months to a couple of weeks will immediately raise red flags.

From your posts, your only strong ties are your employment + your family ties (your wife and/or your parents if your parents depend on you and you are the only child).

In these circumstances, your employment must be exceptional.... no co-worker can do the work you do.... your income must be above average salary levels.... you must have a portfolio of financial investments and a good bank balance that would reaffirm you have a strong employment and financial situation to return to India.

Financial investments: FDs, RDs, EPF and PPF (both locked-in but still helps), shares/stocks, mutual funds, etc. Hopefully, you have a combination of these investments.

Are your parents dependent on you financially and for their well-being? Are you their only child? Do you and your wife live with your parents?

Reactions: Naname

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
First, I would recommend you do not reapply for some months. Visiting a friend for sightseeing may not seem like a compelling reason to visit especially for a first-time traveler. Also, the huge change in the visit length from three months to a couple of weeks will immediately raise red flags.

From your posts, your only strong ties are your employment + your family ties (your wife and/or your parents if your parents depend on you and you are the only child).

In these circumstances, your employment must be exceptional.... no co-worker can do the work you do.... your income must be above average salary levels.... you must have a portfolio of financial investments and a good bank balance that would reaffirm you have a strong employment and financial situation to return to India.

Financial investments: FDs, RDs, EPF and PPF (both locked-in but still helps), shares/stocks, mutual funds, etc. Hopefully, you have a combination of these investments.

Are your parents dependent on you financially and for their well-being? Are you their only child? Do you and your wife live with your parents?
First of all thank you for replying every time.
@Bryanna
Yes, no co-worker can fillup my job position , have strong employment and bank balance too.

I'm living in joint family so obviously my wife and I am living with my parents. Also i have other 2 siblings. One is working and otherone is studying in collage. father is farmer and Singer so not much dependent on me.

What reasons mostly people are providing while visiting canada for first time to visit friend or? If other reason presented then they looks like business visit not really?

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
@JSquare .First time visitors to Canada especially those with no family there, 2 weeks is sufficient. So requesting 3 months is too much. I mean who goes on vacation for 3 months.
Probably that was my mistake..i thought they are allowing to visit up to 6 months and even know that is so much time to explore..after long request my employer provided me that much leave...but now I understand 3 months is too long for vacation...why I should mention that long. That's why probably i got rejection mainly, they compared my assets with that duration which is obviously not matched. But now I think for short duration of vacation will not affect my file. Thats why collecting information because i dont want to repeat my mistake. Here are too much experience people's and seniors. Might get enough information. Thanks

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Probably that was my mistake..i thought they are allowing to visit up to 6 months and even know that is so much time to explore..after long request my employer provided me that much leave...but now I understand 3 months is too long for vacation...why I should mention that long. That's why probably i got rejection mainly, they compared my assets with that duration which is obviously not matched. But now I think for short duration of vacation will not affect my file. Thats why collecting information because i dont want to repeat my mistake. Here are too much experience people's and seniors. Might get enough information. Thanks
Yes if applicants have requested a 2 week visit and got Visa, once they arrived in Canada, the border officers can allow them to stay up to 6 months.

Reactions: Rajdeep: and Naname

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
Yes if applicants have requested a 2 week visit and got Visa, once they arrived in Canada, the border officers can allow them to stay up to 6 months.
Yeah ok.. thanks for the reply. Now can you please tell me should i reapply for 2 to 3 weeks visit? Check my previous replies and tell me, i really want to re apply.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Yeah ok.. thanks for the reply. Now can you please tell me should i reapply for 2 to 3 weeks visit? Check my previous replies and tell me, i really want to re apply.
That's a major red flag because your Visa refusal is too recent and also suddenly changing your duration from 3 months to 2 weeks will definitely raise alot of questions as well.

So wait a few months, preferably 6 to 12 months before reapply.

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018
That's a major red flag because your Visa refusal is too recent and also suddenly changing your duration from 3 months to 2 weeks will definitely raise alot of questions as well.

I really want to reapply i can provide detail cover letter for purpose of visit and why plan goes changed 3 months to 2 week.. and as for personal assets I've not submitted any in recent application so may i can attach my IT returns including employment and family information. I've seen many people who getting visa after refusal sometime with proper explanation and additional document. For personal assets can I attach letter of revenue clerk like mentioned i'll be the next property holder of my father and mother!
Help me as much possible. thanks

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018

Can i add purpose of visit as for...visit my friend and for learn new music production techniques from my friend? And tourism!
Please guide me

JSquare

Jul 20, 2018

@Bryanna @Wonderland_1010 I was forgot to tell you I have music studio worth 100K INR, Have bike on my name worth like 70K INR & Personal laptop worth 100K INR can I submit their bills?

Last edited:

Rajdeep:

May 11, 2019

My father's request for TRV got refused on 10 april.He want to attend convocation of my sister,on june 11 in calgary.shall we reapply for visa or not???

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
My father's request for TRV got refused on 10 april.He want to attend convocation of my sister,on june 11 in calgary.shall we reapply for visa or not???
This looks like a year old thread.

And yes your father can reapply anytime (after working on the refusal reasons), unless otherwise stated in refusal letter.