File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
Have you expressed these feelings to anyone else that's in a position to help you? I'm sure your family won't be happy either way. They've already spent money on the wedding I'm sure. You'd have to be prepared to cut ties from your family if needed. Hoping for the best outcome you're way too young to be in this predicament. Good luck

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
As a woman who did marry the love of her life, I feel for you so badly right now. Wish I could offer some advice, but there’s not much more I can add that others haven’t said already.

You deserve to be happy, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck and that you can find a way out of this terrible situation. No woman should have to go through this. Ever.

TX2ON

Aug 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
OP, I sincerely hope you find your way out of this mess as peacefully as possible.
No one your age should be in this sort of position against their will.

If you happen to live in Toronto, please message me. My mother-in-law is retired from the Toronto Police Service, and I am personally acquainted with a few cops. I can connect you to them if you like. I'm not forcing you to report this to the police, but I'm sure they can help you find someone to talk to or help you if things turn out badly with your parents. The police could forward what you tell them to IRCC on your behalf, so you don't have to leave breadcrumbs for IRCC in the application that might give you away to your parents.

OP, above all else, please know you are not alone. You deserve to be happy and to be with the person you truly love. :)
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise or take that away from you.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
My family forced me to sponsor a relative to Canada through spousal sponsorship. The wedding and documents are all real but I did not want to go through with the marriage but I am afraid my parents will kick me out and cut my funding for school, as well as my extended family disowning me. I am only 18 :( . On top of this I’ve been with a guy, also from back home, for 3 years and my father will not approve for us to ever marry in the future which is needed back home. I’m afraid that the sponsorship will get accepted and prevent me from ever being able to actually marry and sponsor the person I love to come live with me in the future. What are ways to ensure that cic will figure out that this marriage was forced and of convenience, without me making it obvious that I caused them to know because of my parents? What do they look for when trying to determine if the marriage was of convenience and how can I make it obvious for them without my parents knowing?
maybe this link help you https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/abuse.html

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks - I had same thought but you found the link.

@Anonymous1998: look into all kinds of groups that provide assistance and advice to those in abusive family situations or to situations specific to immigrants. They may have encountered situations like this before or be able to reach out to find out who knows what to do.

If you are currently studying, your school or college or university may have support services that can help. Even if you are not studying, some of those services (or the people working in them) may be willing to informally help or at least find other resources that can (at minimum, there is no harm in walking in and asking at e.g. a women's group on campus).

There may be other options that we on this board do not know about. As a thought, such groups may be able to advise on how to report / have someone else report / make an anonymous report that is distanced from you to keep yourself safe.

A small additional thought: as I understand the marriage has already happened and the sponsorship process is ongoing (spouse has yet to receive approval). At this point, ANY step that delays that approval to give you time to explore options and make plans for yourself may be useful.