+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to knowingly stay outside of Canada for 730 days?

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
How do I explain that I and my spouse are planning to land in Canada to only visit friends/family and claim PR? We just don’t want to lose the PR but want to stay in this country for a few more years to save money. We can’t go to Canada because we wouldn’t be able to get jobs due to Covid.

Edit: we are being reassessed after the CoPR already expired due to Covid. The first time we were issued, they asked for proof of our living and job plans in Canada. But we won’t have any this time.

Last edited:

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
You can stay outside of Canada for a max 3 years before you risk losing your PR due to unfulfilled RO. There's nothing to explain, you just need to make sure you fulfill RO if you are interested in keeping your PR status. If you can't live here whatsoever within the timeframe you are given, then there's no point in having PR.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you really do not want to come, you do not have to land. You can wait till you are ready to move and re apply.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
How do I explain that I and my spouse are planning to land in Canada to only visit friends/family and claim PR? We just don’t want to lose the PR but want to stay in this country for a few more years to save money. We can’t go to Canada because we wouldn’t be able to get jobs due to Covid.
Technically, since you haven’t landed yet, you aren’t at risk of loosing you PR. You aren’t a PR until you complete the landing process.

Reactions: YVR123

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
You can stay outside of Canada for a max 3 years before you risk losing your PR due to unfulfilled RO. There's nothing to explain, you just need to make sure you fulfill RO if you are interested in keeping your PR status. If you can't live here whatsoever within the timeframe you are given, then there's no point in having PR.
This is the second time we’re being given CoPR because the first was expired due to covid. The first time, they asked for details of our living and job situations in Canada. We sent them apt searches and job searches. But this time we will not need either.

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Technically, since you haven’t landed yet, you aren’t at risk of loosing you PR. You aren’t a PR until you complete the landing process.
They will reassess our app after the CoPR expired, so the new PR will most likely be issued in 6-12 months

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
If you really do not want to come, you do not have to land. You can wait till you are ready to move and re apply.
That was one option, but there would be no refund at all. So we decided to continue (reassess expired CoPR) but we will need to show proof of our living and job situations at the time of landing, but we won’t have those.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That was one option, but there would be no refund at all. So we decided to continue (reassess expired CoPR) but we will need to show proof of our living and job situations at the time of landing, but we won’t have those.
You can ignore job situation. Just focus in get a home leased or buy. Yes, you can buy a home in Canada even if you are not there.