+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

how to keep her PR Status

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
^Right. At this point we both meet the RO.

But it's me who's going back home. She'll stay for now, and depending on her decision she'll keep her status or not.

T-C

Tri-Cities

Aug 10, 2015
Back again - sorry guys.

So situation is .... I am back in BC and my daughter is still in Germany. We talked today and she said if possible she wants to get through the apprenticeship as fast as possible (that would take two more years).

After that she wants to come back to BC.

She might end her apprenticeship because there are a lot of issues with the people she works in the office (girl stuff so to speak). If so she'll come back sooner.

She then wants to go to College....blablabla...

In case A she would not meet the RO BUT she would still have her valid PR card. In Case B she would still meet the RO and have her valid PR card.

I wonder what those changes of the entry procedure mean / are. I crossed the border by private vehicle in November 2015 w/o any issues, took me three minutes and the officer was very friendly and reminded me of applying for a new PR card. That's it.

My daughter's card will be valid and I would like to ask what the worse case scenario might be....
Am I right by thinking she would be able to cross the border with her valid card but might be reported if asked questions and if the officer believes she doesn't meet the RO's. Will she still be able to cross borders after those changes and be able to appeal if reported?

How long will it take from the day of being reported to the day of a decision?

I am worried. I know she wants to come back she just wants to stay a bit longer in Germany (not only for education but also family wise - which is another story)

Thanks, T-C

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If her PR card is still valid but she meets the RO, they would still let her enter but it is possible they could report her. If they report her, she could appeal. Appeal processing can take up to 1 or 2 years. During that time, she would remain a PR and could and should continue to stay in Canada. Not much chance of winning the appeal if she leaves again.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
Tri-Cities said:
Back again - sorry guys.

So situation is .... I am back in BC and my daughter is still in Germany. We talked today and she said if possible she wants to get through the apprenticeship as fast as possible (that would take two more years).

After that she wants to come back to BC.

She might end her apprenticeship because there are a lot of issues with the people she works in the office (girl stuff so to speak). If so she'll come back sooner.

She then wants to go to College....blablabla...

In case A she would not meet the RO BUT she would still have her valid PR card. In Case B she would still meet the RO and have her valid PR card.

I wonder what those changes of the entry procedure mean / are. I crossed the border by private vehicle in November 2015 w/o any issues, took me three minutes and the officer was very friendly and reminded me of applying for a new PR card. That's it.

My daughter's card will be valid and I would like to ask what the worse case scenario might be....
Am I right by thinking she would be able to cross the border with her valid card but might be reported if asked questions and if the officer believes she doesn't meet the RO's. Will she still be able to cross borders after those changes and be able to appeal if reported?

How long will it take from the day of being reported to the day of a decision?

I am worried. I know she wants to come back she just wants to stay a bit longer in Germany (not only for education but also family wise - which is another story)

Thanks, T-C
You know, honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. If your daughter is thinking of giving up her training because of office politics, so to speak, kind of wants to stay in Germany for family but kind of wants to go back to Canada, well . . . she's not at a stage where she's making life decisions, yet. Wait until she reaches that stage, and let her figure out what she wants to do.