+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to invest Mutual Funds? Is CIBC Income Funds a good choice?

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
I used to save money in GIC which only has 1% interest. The CIBC's financial representative recommended me to purchase some Mutual Funds in my Tax-Free Savings Account(TFSA). I checked CIBC's products which include Income Funds and Growth Funds. Obviously Growth Funds has high risk, but Income Funds has low risk, and most short term & long term rewards are positive.

Has someone purchased CIBC Income Funds? How about it? I have very little experience about financial products, and I don't want to have high risk. Pleas give me some advice about how to invest funds.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
sallay said:
I used to save money in GIC which only has 1% interest. The CIBC's financial representative recommended me to purchase some Mutual Funds in my Tax-Free Savings Account(TFSA). I checked CIBC's products which include Income Funds and Growth Funds. Obviously Growth Funds has high risk, but Income Funds has low risk, and most short term & long term rewards are positive.

Has someone purchased CIBC Income Funds? How about it? I have very little experience about financial products, and I don't want to have high risk. Pleas give me some advice about how to invest funds.
CIBC funds are fine, but you may be better off going with funds from a specialized investment manager (Mackenzie, PIMCO, etc.). Ask your advisor to recommend some non-CIBC funds for you, and to provide you with the sales materials. These will all have the returns generated by the funds for a range of periods (1 year, 3 year, 10 year, etc.), a description of the investment objectives of the fund and the fee structure of each. This information will allow you to determine which may be most suitable and attractive for you.