+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to inform VO for pregnancy of Principal Applicant?

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Hi all

We got our SA last month (March 27th) and hopefully soon we will receive AOR from our VO (Vienna)
When my spouse the applicant had her medicals done on January 31st she was pregnant unbeknownst to us. We had a pregnancy confirmation in the middle of February one week after we mailed our apps to Mississauga!
She is now almost 3.5 months and having a very difficult pregnancy!
We thought to ask our gynecologist to give us a declaration of proof of pregnancy and to send it over to the VO once we have an AOR from them.
Is there a proper procedure, Form, or anything else we should do in this case.
I believe we are obliged to inform CIC of any changes if I am not mistaken!

I will appreciate any input from anyone in this forum who had a similar experience!

Much obliged

messenger

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hey Messenger,

I haven't had a similar experience, but I can let you know what to do! :)

As the baby will be Canadian even if not born in Canada (since you are - you can take the "test" on CIC website to confirm it), it won't delay your case for PR.
You don't need to inform CIC until the baby is born, but it's a good idea to inform your VO - it will serve as an extra proof of genuine relationship. So - once you get an AOR from Vienna, you can send them a mail explaining that your wife is pregnant, but the medicals were done etc, and add a certificate from the gyn/obs if you want, stating the due date (more or less).

Once the baby is born, you will have to send an update to your VO with a few form (additional family member) so they know about it, but it won't change much for you, as you won't need to sponsor your own baby. Once the baby is born, you can also request the citizenship certificate and ask for a passport - it says on the website that it takes a long time, but you can request an "urgent procedure", explaining that you are living outside of Canada and that your wife has her PR ( hopefully by that time), and that you need the certificate and the passport to be able to move to Canada.

Good luck with the pregnancy!
Sweden

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
You are not obliged to inform them about the pregnancy, but they expect to be informed as soon as the baby is born (aka, send birth certificates)

I am in the same situation, I waited to for the file transfer to my VO (which comes after the sponsorship approval) and since I didn't hear from them until it was too late for me to travel, I sent an inquiry to the VO letting them know I am currently pregnant and that I want to add the babies to the PR application. They answered very fast and asked for the additional papers they needed for my PR processing also.

If had known they would react so fast, I would have told them (the VO) about the pregnancy earlier and maybe they would have processed the file faster, while I could still take a plane to Canada ;D

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Sweden said:
Hey Messenger,

I haven't had a similar experience, but I can let you know what to do! :)

As the baby will be Canadian even if not born in Canada (since you are - you can take the "test" on CIC website to confirm it), it won't delay your case for PR.
You don't need to inform CIC until the baby is born, but it's a good idea to inform your VO - it will serve as an extra proof of genuine relationship. So - once you get an AOR from Vienna, you can send them a mail explaining that your wife is pregnant, but the medicals were done etc, and add a certificate from the gyn/obs if you want, stating the due date (more or less).

Once the baby is born, you will have to send an update to your VO with a few form (additional family member) so they know about it, but it won't change much for you, as you won't need to sponsor your own baby. Once the baby is born, you can also request the citizenship certificate and ask for a passport - it says on the website that it takes a long time, but you can request an "urgent procedure", explaining that you are living outside of Canada and that your wife has her PR ( hopefully by that time), and that you need the certificate and the passport to be able to move to Canada.

Good luck with the pregnancy!
Sweden
Yasmine_GRL said:
You are not obliged to inform them about the pregnancy, but they expect to be informed as soon as the baby is born (aka, send birth certificates)

I am in the same situation, I waited to for the file transfer to my VO (which comes after the sponsorship approval) and since I didn't hear from them until it was too late for me to travel, I sent an inquiry to the VO letting them know I am currently pregnant and that I want to add the babies to the PR application. They answered very fast and asked for the additional papers they needed for my PR processing also.

If had known they would react so fast, I would have told them (the VO) about the pregnancy earlier and maybe they would have processed the file faster, while I could still take a plane to Canada ;D
Sweden and Yasmine_GRL thank you so much for the helpful info and your kind wishes.
My main objective here is not to entice a quicker process (although this would have been nice also) but mostly that in case they need her (my spouse) for an interview they can at least arrange for it in another embassy closer to her country. She is from FyroMacedonia and travelling all the way to Vienna will be a tremendous shock for her condition.
She is due in mid-October. Of course in case that she gets a COPR sometime between August and September then we might make it and deliver the baby in AB. If not then she will give birth here in Greece and then I will have to fly alone and when the baby is fit to travel both baby and mommy could join me in Calgary!
BTW. Anyone here knows in case we do get the COPR before baby comes would we use the AB Health system for that as new residents?

Thank you again!
messenger

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
23-05-2012 (Medical Examination, sent 01-06-2012); 04-04-2013 (updated information/documents)
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
I am applying for QC so I don't know if things go the same in AB, but the health insurance is suppose to start after 3 months of residency. Anyway, in case of pregnancy that rule doesn't apply anymore (this is what I found about Quebec).

Anyway, in case the insurance there doesn't cover it, look for birth centers (if the pregnancy is going well and labor also, hse won't need to go to a hospital). There, she will give birth with a midwife and you only have to pay a few hundred dollars or less

Good luck!

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Can anyone verify if I can use the "Case Specific Inquiry" page to inform them of the pregnancy.

As my spouse is been having a very difficult pregnancy we want them (CIC) to know in case she is called to Vienna for interview that she will not be allowed to travel.
Of course we are not laying the rules, they are, but we are not going to risk by having to travel through 4 borders for an interview if there is one required!

Thanks
messenger

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Have the GYN not only confirm her pregnancy, but give her travel restrictions, bed rest mandates, etc. I have heard of doctors saying "No car rides over X hours" or things similar before for patients with high risk pregnancies. I have a feeling they would postpone an interview (if needed) until after the baby is born - but I could be wrong. (Your wife wouldn't really need that stress while pregnant anyway!!!) So potentially could delay the COPR further, but it's worth her health. Lets just keep hoping for NO interview!

When you move to AB from overseas, you get healthcare as soon as you register for it. The key is register. You must fill out the papers and go to the registry, have them process it, etc. They can use the COPR as proof of valid status in Canada. I've heard (unconfirmed) stories of AB letting people slide if they use the doctor before registering if it's in a brief time period, but those are just stories. I don't know if that's true. AB is also facing a budget problem in coming year, so I expect they will start tightening the belt in some places - and healthcare is under the scope. (Although it's more on the doctors' side than patients.)

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
amikety said:
Have the GYN not only confirm her pregnancy, but give her travel restrictions, bed rest mandates, etc. I have heard of doctors saying "No car rides over X hours" or things similar before for patients with high risk pregnancies. I have a feeling they would postpone an interview (if needed) until after the baby is born - but I could be wrong. (Your wife wouldn't really need that stress while pregnant anyway!!!) So potentially could delay the COPR further, but it's worth her health. Lets just keep hoping for NO interview!

When you move to AB from overseas, you get healthcare as soon as you register for it. The key is register. You must fill out the papers and go to the registry, have them process it, etc. They can use the COPR as proof of valid status in Canada. I've heard (unconfirmed) stories of AB letting people slide if they use the doctor before registering if it's in a brief time period, but those are just stories. I don't know if that's true. AB is also facing a budget problem in coming year, so I expect they will start tightening the belt in some places - and healthcare is under the scope. (Although it's more on the doctors' side than patients.)
Thanks amikety once again!
Yeah I was thinking to get the her doctor write a resume of her condition (she was already hospitalized 3 times) and then send it over to Vienna.
Could I use this Case Specific Inquiry tool on the CIC site?

Thanks again
Tom

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
messenger said:
Thanks amikety once again!
Yeah I was thinking to get the her doctor write a resume of her condition (she was already hospitalized 3 times) and then send it over to Vienna.
Could I use this Case Specific Inquiry tool on the CIC site?

Thanks again
Tom
Yes, as long as you have your UCI and Application Number. It would be better to help link it to a specific case.

Mrs.Hartman

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
Hixon Bc
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/6/13
AOR Received.
30/6/13
File Transfer...
18/7/13
Med's Done....
27/2/13
Passport Req..
sooner please
VISA ISSUED...
before feb
LANDED..........
anytime..
Yasmine_GRL said:

hello..i need to ask something about this case, you can add the baby in your PR even its unborn?and what additional papers they ask to you?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Mrs.Hartman said:
hello..i need to ask something about this case, you can add the baby in your PR even its unborn?and what additional papers they ask to you?
No. You can inform the VO and find out what forms you need to submit but you cannot actually add your child until s/he is born.

Yasmine_GRL

Star Member
May 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest, Romania
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-08-2012 (CSQ)
AOR Received.
16-02-2012 (Ecas)
File Transfer...
13-06-2012
Med's Done....
01-06-2012; 19-07-2013
Interview........
Waived!!
Passport Req..
09-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2013
LANDED..........
12-12-2013
What I meant to say was that if the VO had known about my pregnancy earlier they might have made the decision faster, in time for me to get to Canada and give birth. I was afraid to "bother" them :))
The file went into processing right after I informed them about my pregnancy. But things went pretty smooth after, they answered the inquiry by email and they also called me to tell me what I have to do. The delay was caused by the sponsorship amendment and the CSQs, a few hours after I emailed the documents I received the PPR.

Well now it's too late for me, but if anyone asks, I would tell them to inform the VO as soon as possible. They might just ignore it or speed up the processing. No harm either way..

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Yasmine_GRL said:
What I meant to say was that if the VO had known about my pregnancy earlier they might have made the decision faster, in time for me to get to Canada and give birth. I was afraid to "bother" them :))
The file went into processing right after I informed them about my pregnancy. But things went pretty smooth after, they answered the inquiry by email and they also called me to tell me what I have to do. The delay was caused by the sponsorship amendment and the CSQs, a few hours after I emailed the documents I received the PPR.

Well now it's too late for me, but if anyone asks, I would tell them to inform the VO as soon as possible. They might just ignore it or speed up the processing. No harm either way..
Dear Jasmine_GRL

I seriously doubt, they had known for your pregnancy earlier they could process you faster. It was an coincidence. We informed them on our third month and although our baby is now 2 months old we got no response from them at least letting us know that our apps are in process. And we are well into our 9th month in the VO.

Happy holidays

Tom