+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to include new born in application / Medical Question

beefdaniel

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Hello folks,

I recently received an invite from OINP and I have until the 29th of Jan to accept it. I have a couple of questions before I hit the accept button and was hoping to solicit some feedback around some questions I have.

Some background.
When I filled in the OINP application, my family consisted of myself, wife and 1 year old son. However me and my wife are expecting another child due on 1st March.

Question 1
Should I accept the OINP right now or wait until the very last minute and then accept it? Idea here is that once I accept it I will be picked in the next draw and then my clock starts ticking to submit the documents. If I plan well, I can have my wife complete her medicals after 1st March (after the baby is born).

Question 2
How would I go about including my new born in the application, OINP approved my app based on the family consisting of 3 members and now its 4, will this be of any consequence?

Thanks,
Dan

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
You should check with the panel doctor about your wife's medical, if they are able to conduct the medicals, then go ahead and accept it. My guess is that they will do the medical (all tests) except X-rays, which is done advisable during pregnancy.

Regarding your newborn, you can always inform CIC about it using CSE.

Hope that helps.