+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to improve CRS score

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Hi,
I recently submitted my express entry profile and (Comprehensive Ranking System )CRS score is less than 390. Upon looking looks like this very low score to meet the cut off for getting selected in pool ranking. I am currently staying outside canada, don't have any canadian job offer and also I don't have any provincial nomination. So clearly I missed the points which I could have got if either of the three were true in my case.

Can someone suggest how I can increase my score.

Also after submission I receive message saying to create job profile on job portal, can some suggest how I can leverage this to get job offer. Please help as I am new to this and trying to figure things out. Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Lily

cooperstation

Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are couple of ways to increase the CRS

1. Increase your work experience..

2. Increase your IELTS score.. To gain 50 points additional, try to score 8 in Listening and 7 in Reading/Writing/Speaking..

What's your current IELTS score?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
The best (and often, only) way to do this is by maxing out your IELTS.

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
My IELTS score is
L - 8.5, R -7, W-6.5, S - 9.

When you say increase work experience, how I can do that?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Your IELTS equates to CLB 8.

That's 92 points (assuming you're single)

If you max it out to CLB 10, you'll get 136 points, that's 44 points more.

cooperstation

Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklily said:
My IELTS score is

Well, the only option here is work for more years in your country and apply after 1or2 years..

But I guess this is not what you would be looking for

How many years of experience you have?

What is your maximum education?

Work Ex/Education - These will increase your points by 4/5 margins..when you have maximum work ex/education... Which will be less compared to maxing out in IELTS..

So I would recommend you to reappear for IELTS and get 7 in writing..since all your other scores (L/R/S)are very good...

lino82

Apr 12, 2017
NOC Code......
IELTS L8.5/R8/W7.5/S7.5 is equivalent to CLB10 (Canadaia Language Benchmark)...
You'll be surprised at the increase in ur CRS points once you get the score and do a recalculation of CRS..
--
Try once again in the CRS points calculator(canadavisa site has a calculator that gives u the score...just Google crs calculator canadavisa) replacing ur actual score with the above mentioned score and see for yourself...also post the score here so that we can see that as well...
Increasing your work experience ~ get into a job as soon as possible into an occupation which is there on the NOC...it need not be ur primary occupation NOC...if ur points for outside Canada experience is less than three years and above two years,adding few months and taking to 3 years will increase the CRS points...
Points for outside Canada experience maxes out at 3 years...
if you try putting in ur out side Canada experience at 3 years and IELTS as above there will be 80 points increase ...

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
can you pls let me know how you equated IELTS scores to CLB?

My current work experience is 5+.

I see my First Official Language Proficiency is 100+

Has anyone has any idea how to leverage the job portal for increasing score?

nikolain

Apr 28, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklily said:

The only thing that will increase your score is IELTS, get a score of 8 & above in Listening and 7 & above in Reading/Writing/Speaking.. as Cooperstation mentioned. Your current IELTS scores are very good, you just need to get 7 in writing now.

canada_dreamer

Apr 10, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinklily said:

You can find IELTS to CLB conversion here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Convert IELTS to CLB here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/language/charts.asp

CRS Scores are explained here -> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1

You cannot use the job bank to increase your CRS score. I recommend that you read the second link to understand the CRS scoring system

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
If I am correctly equating then my score falls in below CLB bands

L - 8.5 CLB 10
R -7 CLB 9
W-6.5 CLB 8
S - 9 CLB 10

If above is correct then pls let me know what points each of bands gets so it will help me to break down my First Official Language Proficiency score?

I am trying to understand the role of job bank as once we submit express entry we get job id and in one of the messages we are advised to create job profile so that employers post jobs based on our profile. Can someone explain why this is needed?

Appreciate your help.

sunnyvin

Nov 29, 2014
pinklily said:
My IELTS score is

pls file reassessment for writing with ielts if you get a 7 score increases by 50 points.

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
@sunnyvin hmm..I guess reassessment is filed within six weeks of exam date and I am way passed that timeline. So i don't think I have this option.

Do you know how break down score obtained for first official language I mean how total score is divided over these four categories?
I want to know individual score obtained in each categories in first official language total?
For example if first official language is 120 then need to know individual score in each category which lead to 120 in total?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
CLB scores aren't broken down like that. You get one CLB score -> http://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/

Click on CLB 10 to see the requirements - L:8.5, R:8.0,W:7.5, S:7.5

Since your Writing score is 6.5, your entire score will be CLB 8.