+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to go about applying for PR

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

first off, thanks in advance for reading.

Here's our situation: My wife and I recently came to Canada (my wife's the main applicant pursing a master's at a university in Toronto while I have an open work permit) and would like to apply for PR as soon as we possibly can.

Soon after landing I got a job and immediately moved to Vancouver thereafter while my wife's still in Toronto. My contract's relatively short and would possibly finish off in December. Both my wife and I are from Art's background. I would really appreciate if someone could suggest steps we should take in order to apply for a PR. One thing we figured was that the Ontario Govt provides possibility of PR to students who finish their Masters. I was wondering if there were perhaps any other processes we could check out too in order to apply sooner as oppose to wait for her to complete her studies and then apply?

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sure - if you can get one year of full time work experience in a skilled or semi-skilled occupation - then you can apply for PR through CEC.

If you can get a permanent job offer for a full time job (along with an approved LMIA from your employer) then you can also apply for PR through FSW provided the job is skilled/semi-skilled.