+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get TRV and eTA

Dr_Anoop

Feb 9, 2022
Dear Members,

I am from India. I have been offered a postdoctoral research position in Canada and I have no clue how to start with the process. I have received my offer letter from the University. What sort of visa do I need to come to Canada, is it work or study? What should be done next?

Expecting your reply.

Best Regards,
Anoop

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Members,

I am from India. I have been offered a postdoctoral research position in Canada and I have no clue how to start with the process. I have received my offer letter from the University. What sort of visa do I need to come to Canada, is it work or study? What should be done next?

Expecting your reply.

Best Regards,
Anoop
You need a work permit so apply.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Members,

Expecting your reply.

Best Regards,
Anoop
You need a WP. A postdoc is usually LMIA exempt.

Dr_Anoop

Feb 9, 2022
You need a WP. A postdoc is usually LMIA exempt.
Thank you. I will apply for the same. My employer has sent me an Offer of Employment Number and said I am eligible for a two weeks processing and also issued a letter mentioning the same to attach along with my visa application. I assume that a postdoc is not coming under a GTS category as a postdoc is not listed there. In the supporting letter, the employer mentioned that my NOC category is 4011. Will this enable a two weeks processing?

Dr_Anoop

Feb 9, 2022
Thank you. I will apply for the same. My employer has sent me an Offer of Employment Number and said I am eligible for a two weeks processing and also issued a letter mentioning the same to attach along with my visa application. I assume that a postdoc is not coming under a GTS category as a postdoc is not listed there. In the supporting letter, the employer mentioned that my NOC category is 4011. Will this enable a two weeks processing?
When I answered the Questionnaire on the visa application portal, I got Application for Work Permit Made Outside of Canada (IMM1295) along with the following document checklist:

Employment Reference Letter

Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from ESDC

Employment Records

Passport

CV/résumé

Proof of upfront medical exam

Digital photo

Employment Contract

Family Information (IMM5645)

Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered

Could anyone please confirm these are the required documents for a WORK PERMIT for a postdoc?