+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get the "Certificate of Qualifications" from SATCC (the regulatory body for my NOC).

Leo@1985

Oct 26, 2018
Hi guys,

I got invited to apply for SINP this month with EOI score of 63 under Express Entry Sub-category NOC 7201. I'm a bit confused in getting a "Certificate of Qualifications" from SATCC (the regulatory body for my NOC).

So these are my questions:
1.) Do I need to take exams in Saskachewan after my trade qualifier assessment? According to SATCC website, it says that only Permanent Residents can take the exam.

I Hope someone who had experienced in getting a "Certificate of Qualifications" from SATCC would help me in this. I'll attach the requirements from SINP Website below.

From the SINP Werbsite:

- For Express Entry applications, provide a Certificate of Qualification from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission(SATCC), which requires a trade qualifier assessment (step 1) and requires individuals to write exams in Saskatchewan (step 2).

- For Occupations in Demand applications, provide a letter of approval from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission(SATCC), stating that you have completed the trade qualifier assessment (step 1) and you are eligible to write exams in Saskatchewan.

Reactions: Fortuneb19

jrjrjr

Feb 6, 2018
Hi, have you already applied through SATCC? I recently passed my documents, Form 7 and Form 6A to SATCC.

liaqatali

Jan 30, 2013
7201 certification is not available through Canada even in Saskatchewan although 7231 is available i mailed them and they said tha t 7201 is not a designated trade here in Saskatchewan you people contact me i am also in same boat like you 00923464020194 is my contact whats up me

jrjrjr

Feb 6, 2018
7201 certification is not available through Canada even in Saskatchewan although 7231 is available i mailed them and they said tha t 7201 is not a designated trade here in Saskatchewan you people contact me i am also in same boat like you 00923464020194 is my contact whats up me
Hi, did you already applied to SATCC?

liaqatali

Jan 30, 2013
Hi, did you already applied to SATCC?
No i did not apply yet but i mailed them and they told me that 7201 is not a trade occupation and certification is not available there for it i am bit confused any seniors can shend the light on it

jrjrjr

Feb 6, 2018
Since your NOC is 7201 under subcategory express entry.

You still get your approval letter from SATCC and you need to take an exam in Saskatchewan. This is what I understand in their website.

As for me, my noc is 7311, under sub category occupations in demand. I already submitted my qualifications to SATCC and still waiting for their reply.

liaqatali

Jan 30, 2013
yeah you right I need only approval letter from SATCC but 7201 is not designated trade and they said that you cannot get still even approval letter from there I am confused why SINP put this profession on demand list while there is no any way to get approval either certificate from SATCC

jrjrjr

Feb 6, 2018
Sounds like good news for you! Just choose “no” in the questionaire asking you if your noc is regulated.

If Sask asks about your license, you can send the email from SATCC that you dont need any license hehe

FARmoCHY

Jan 2, 2019
My case is not different from yours. I was told the same thing. (NOC 7201 is not a designated trade)
In my own understanding, NOC 7201 is not a trade on its own. There are trades (designated trades) under it. So you need to apply for assessment under the trades that made up NOC 7201.
The link below has trades under NOC 7201
http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314247&CPV=7201&CST=01012016&CLV=4&MLV=4.
Just choose one of them and apply for your assessment.

MY THOUGHT.

Salman Warraich

Star Member
Aug 20, 2015
Since your NOC is 7201 under subcategory express entry.

You still get your approval letter from SATCC and you need to take an exam in Saskatchewan. This is what I understand in their website.

As for me, my noc is 7311, under sub category occupations in demand. I already submitted my qualifications to SATCC and still waiting for their reply.
Hi what documents they requested for approval letter.

Fortuneb19

May 29, 2019
Hi guys,

I got invited to apply for SINP this month with EOI score of 63 under Express Entry Sub-category NOC 7201. I'm a bit confused in getting a "Certificate of Qualifications" from SATCC (the regulatory body for my NOC).

So these are my questions:
1.) Do I need to take exams in Saskachewan after my trade qualifier assessment? According to SATCC website, it says that only Permanent Residents can take the exam.

I Hope someone who had experienced in getting a "Certificate of Qualifications" from SATCC would help me in this. I'll attach the requirements from SINP Website below.

From the SINP Werbsite:

- For Express Entry applications, provide a Certificate of Qualification from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission(SATCC), which requires a trade qualifier assessment (step 1) and requires individuals to write exams in Saskatchewan (step 2).

- For Occupations in Demand applications, provide a letter of approval from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship and Trade Certification Commission(SATCC), stating that you have completed the trade qualifier assessment (step 1) and you are eligible to write exams in Saskatchewan.
please how long did they take to assess you after payment and submission of your form 6 and 7. Just applied and am anxiously waiting. Thank you

kevin12345

May 7, 2019
I have 1.5 years of experience in NOC 7201 in India & recently completed 1 year experience in Canada in NOC 9241. Both the noc are coming under federal skilled trade. I m currently on post grad work permit. I m not getting enough points in express entry as i m not having bachelor degree. Do i need to have lmia or any trade license to qualify for federal skill trade program?
Any suggestions???

imariabe

Nov 17, 2015
Can i get a license from STACC if i did not school in Saskatchewan?
I studied Mechanical Engineering(B.Engr) Industrial Engr (M.Engr).I choose NOC 7321 cos i have the experience.
But how do i get the license since i did not study in Saskatchewan?

digitized007

Mar 22, 2017
Hi, have you already applied through SATCC? I recently passed my documents, Form 7 and Form 6A to SATCC.
Hello brother can you tell me how much time SATCC take to complete your assessment .
I submitted my EOI IN NOC 6233 COOK WITH 74 POINTS .

Manoj957

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
Dear friends, I am an Indian citizen and have submitted form7 and form 6A for assessment for appearing in examination at saskatchewan. Does anyone have the information as what visa is required to be applied in order to appear for the examination at saskatchewan