+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get rid of telemarketers calls

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guy I have been here for a month an half and I get from 2 to 4 blocked calls EVERYDAY.

What is TCR??why do they keep calling me saying that there r unresolved issues that I have to call them about??

Some calls sound threatening??and they r not addressed to me, companies who know would say my name then leave the message.

Its just crazy when I was at the furnished apartment I would get these calls on the landline and the cell phone! Although I\m paying for a landline in my rented apartment I'm not going to buy the telephone set.

HOW TO GET RID OF THEM?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To reduce telemarketer calls, add your phone numbers on the National DNCL (do not call list):

https://www.lnnte-dncl.gc.ca/index-eng

Note that this won't get rid of all telemarketers. But it should make a difference.

TRC sounds like a collections agency - not a telemarketing firm. If that's the case, then adding your number to the DNCL won't help. If it's a collection agency and they're looking for someone else - then they either have the wrong number or are trying to contact the person who had the phone number before you. In that case your best bet is to actually call them, give them your phone number and tell them the number now belongs to someone else.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, if you pick up the phone and say to the telemarketer: "Please put me on your do not call list", they are obligated to do so and are not allowed to call you for 3 years. I have had some hang up on me directly after saying that but they did not call again :)

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You could also speak in a foreign language and they'll never call back

williamred

Feb 7, 2012
I know where you're coming from. Telemarketers can be very annoying, especially when they're calling from a blocked number. :mad: :mad: :mad:

But you can refer these calls to your telephone company and although it appeared "blocked" on your caller ID, the calls were recorded within the telephone company's database. You can easily pull up the specific call based on the time and date you received it. However, while some telephone company reveal the caller's information, most do not as stated by the Consumer Privacy Law. In such a situation, you will need to subpoena the telephone company.

williamred

Feb 7, 2012
Or maybe you can try an easier action plan against these nuisance callers. Annoy them with a prank. I do that, too. I get a lot of tips on how to annoy telemarketers from this consumer complaint website called Callercenter. It's really funny how these callers react. Well, you may just find these pranks a very good stress reliever.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wouldn't go as far as playing pranks on them. They are human beings trying to make a living. Probably could not get any other job.

veradis

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-11
AOR Received.
08-11-11
File Transfer...
20-11-11
Interview........
23-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2012
LANDED..........
18-08-12
I just add the number to my contacts as Don't Answer Spam Call or something like that. Doesn't keep them from calling but I can just ignore their calls.