+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get PR in Canada after 1 year Graduate Certificate Course??

kml87

Feb 20, 2012
I m not agree with sabby2612. He is living in Canada still producing such a misconcept. Ever1 has a right to put their views but my point is totally contradicts u brother,, so i m asking for sorry before,, let me complete now.. I have told about post graduate work permit before and it is true that less than 2 years u r not going to get 3 years work permit in 80 t0 90% cases. In some case ur luck will work nd u will get it but it totally depend on visa officer mood. To justify my points, i m posting the official link of Canadian government.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sabby2612 said:
Hi,

As far as Zardon's post is concerned, I guess he didn't read what I posted. I already knew some people will surely come with CIC link. However, one must check the ground reality how it works in real time. As I said, I personally know people obtaining 3 years PGWP successfully with this GAS option and also people with 2 years of study. But it doesn't and nothing guarantees you the length of PGWP being issued, no one can assure you no matter how hard they clai it to be true and right about it.
I read exactly what you wrote. I also think that it's far more important to follow the CIC published information than hearsay from "someone on a forum". You will note that I made no comment on what you posted but merely provided the OFFICIAL source material. Also read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op12-eng.pdf - Section 5.24.

vctrokoyeeducation

Star Member
Jun 13, 2013
I m not agree with sabby2612. He is living in Canada still producing such a misconcept. Ever1 has a right to put their views but my point is totally contradicts u brother,, so i m asking for sorry before,, let me complete now.. I have told about post graduate work permit before and it is true that less than 2 years u r not going to get 3 years work permit in 80 t0 90% cases. In some case ur luck will work nd u will get it but it totally depend on visa officer mood. To justify my points, i m posting the official link of Canadian government.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad-who.asp
My guy I disagree with you alright. About 4 guys I know that passed through GAS were all given 3 yrs pgwp. Its just a transfer program where at the end the certificate will bear that you have completed 2 years program. So the document you submit will show you did two years program and not a semester.

whitelilly

Mar 23, 2013
india
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2013
File Transfer...
1-11-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
8-11-2013
LANDED..........
jaimatadi. jaisainath
hey and what if i do another year of graduate certificate course. like im already doing IBM in ottawa. so if for the next year i pick another one year graduate certificate course? will it then give me 3 years of work permit? one more query is that i enrolled in january 2014 intake.so when will i be able to get my off campus work permit? like which month from now?
waiting for reply