+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get Police Clearance in Calgary for PR

Minamana

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Please help I am from Philippines and just a bit confused about the Police Clearance thing. Do I have go to Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Calgary and get a Police Clearance (somebody will assist me or is there a certain department I have to go?) I tried calling them but I can't get through. After getting the Police clearance in Philippine Consulate (if that's the way how to do it?) then I will get Police Clearance in Calgary local police department??? PLEASE HELP : ) THANKS IN ADVANCE

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
Minamana said:
Please help I am from Philippines and just a bit confused about the Police Clearance thing. Do I have go to Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Calgary and get a Police Clearance (somebody will assist me or is there a certain department I have to go?) I tried calling them but I can't get through. After getting the Police clearance in Philippine Consulate (if that's the way how to do it?) then I will get Police Clearance in Calgary local police department??? PLEASE HELP : ) THANKS IN ADVANCE
Canadian Police Clearance for Immigration is handled by RCMP, not by local police. You should visit RCMP website to find out. RCMP is similar to FBI in the US.

CIC states that Canadian PCC is not required unless advised otherwise - therefore you don't have to submit it with your application.

To get PCC from other countries you should check with the embassies. You must include PCCs for ALL countries you have lived, other than Canada, in your application. It is best to include them with initial application or send them before they request. In your case for sure you need one from your home country which is Philippines, if you leave the country after turning 18.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
hi..im from calgary too...just go to downtown and get off at cityhall station..do not go in the RCMP building near olympic plaza station..((if u hav been to other countries other than phils,there's a finger print office insyd RCMP building,U MAY GO IN TOO TO DO FINGERPRINTS FOR CANADA BUT THEY WILL NOT GIV U A COPY THEY WILL SEND IT TO CIC..)) the calgary police station is just beside the Public library..fronting 7th ave,...this is the address.. 316 7 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB T2G 0J2 ....just bring your passport/Alberta ID..and 22$ cash..

Minamana

Star Member
Sep 18, 2011
Hi thank you for the response.. Just wanna verify I am applying for the PR now after AINP approval but agency said that I have to go Philippine Consulate to get local police clearance/NBI then after that I will get police clearance in downtown??? thanks again

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
d phil consulate office s in vancouver... u only need to pass NBI.. mgsimula ka ng bagong thread kc ngbago na kung paano pagkuha ng nbi...pwede ka downtown mgpafinger print ibibigay nila sa u ang copy pra ipadala mo sa pinas... start a new thread pra sa nbi..sure u will get a response..

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Minamana said:
Hi thank you for the response.. Just wanna verify I am applying for the PR now after AINP approval but agency said that I have to go Philippine Consulate to get local police clearance/NBI then after that I will get police clearance in downtown??? thanks again
Hmm... then you will have to get the Police Clearance for Philippines and then the Canadian Clearance. But I think for the same fee of $22 you can also get a Criminal Record Check for Calgary while you are getting your fingerprints done. Sometimes on those Criminal Record Check it will say that you don't have criminal record in Calgary and in Canada. The processing time for fingerprints takes a few months to complete so if you get the Criminal Record Check for Calgary done then you can send that with your Philippines Police Clearance while waiting for the fingerprints to be processed. I hope that helps.

lyvly

Oct 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Mgcmula ka ng bagong thread..kc may panibagong procedure pagkuha ng NBI..u dont need phil police clearance which is totally different from NBI.. NbI lang kailangan mo..i had to make 3 fingerprints for my PCCs..i paid d 3 finger prints,1for HK 1
For kuwait..and 1 for canada.as for canada,,they will send u d police clearance in two weeks on the address of ur stamped envelop(ur finger prints for canada will be send automatically to Ottawa RCMP..,hence,they wont giv u a copy

Vincentlouise

Feb 27, 2014
Please help I want to get a fingerprint here in Calgary to send it in
Dubai because I want to get a police clearance .i lived there for 3 years. I am applying for my pr under fstp.what are the procedure I will take ?please I need your help thanks!!!