+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get PCC from India with no one living there anymore?

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
This is wrong. My passport was issued in Toronto. I have applied for PCC 2
Months back and the cops did visit the local
Address in India.
could be wrong as I said most likely shouldn’t happen, but it’s discretion of consulate to initiate police verification.
interestingly they do police verifications for 8 year old kids on passport renewal, so you can judge how great the entire process is

Reactions: Jaywalker

Gibacho

Aug 13, 2017
I have to apply for India PCC from Toronto.

Have a few questions:

A) Do they click photos at the BLS center? How much do they charge?
B) Do I have to take an appointment for submitting? Can this be submitted through post?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have to apply for India PCC from Toronto.

Have a few questions:

A) Do they click photos at the BLS center? How much do they charge? Yes they do take pictures there but they will charge you double the amount you pay outside. Better to get done from London drugs or somewhere else.
B) Do I have to take an appointment for submitting? Can this be submitted through post? You don’t need appointment , you can simply walk in to BLS or you can courier your documents to BLS through Purolator.

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi All

I am about to apply for PCC, I reside in Greater Toronto Area. Can you please tell
1. Do I need to apply in Toronto or Ottawa Jurisdiction? Does it help in speeding the process if we select a particular jurisdiction?
2. I recently got new passport during my visit to India and I stayed there for more than 6 months. The address mentioned there is now vacant and nobody resides. Can I fill address as my parents address? If so, do they visit the passport address or address I mention in application form?
3. Which police station should I select? The one which is nearer to my parents address or my permanent address( passport) police starion?
4. Will the Indian police officer visit the mentioned address or my parents have to visit the selected police station?
What documents should be submitted to support the address issue.
Looking for help, thankyou

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi All

I am about to apply for PCC, I reside in Greater Toronto Area. Can you please tell
1. Do I need to apply in Toronto or Ottawa Jurisdiction? Does it help in speeding the process if we select a particular jurisdiction?
2. I recently got new passport during my visit to India and I stayed there for more than 6 months. The address mentioned there is now vacant and nobody resides. Can I fill address as my parents address? If so, do they visit the passport address or address I mention in application form?
3. Which police station should I select? The one which is nearer to my parents address or my permanent address( passport) police starion?
4. Will the Indian police officer visit the mentioned address or my parents have to visit the selected police station?
What documents should be submitted to support the address issue.
Looking for help, thankyou
-Toronto jurisdiction. If your local proof of Address is within GTA you cannot apply from Ottawa
-Check the form filling instructions https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/PCC-Sample-form-with-common-errors.pdf

ADDRESS: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/pdf/PCC-FORM-FILLING-INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
  • Applicants have to mention both Indian & Canadian .Address on the Application Form as per the Address Proofs of Respective countries as per passport.
  • If Indian Address has changed or Different from Passport, Applicant is required to provide Address proof in support of the change and also submit the same to the concerned Police station in India at the time of verification.
  • Applicant should select correct police station while filling the application. Necessary documents should be sent to relatives/contact person for checking by Police personnel.

DILAWER

May 27, 2011
is it mandatory to use services of BLS. What if someone get PCC from their local district police without being physical present in India. Whether that PCC be valid to submit for permanent residency.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
is it mandatory to use services of BLS. What if someone get PCC from their local district police without being physical present in India. Whether that PCC be valid to submit for permanent residency.
Isn't PCC given by passport office even in India wherein police is just assigned to provide a clear report?

DILAWER

May 27, 2011
Isn't PCC given by passport office even in India wherein police is just assigned to provide a clear report?
District police in India can give police clearance certificate and in the certificate police mention that nothing adverse is against the said passport holder. They mention issue and expire date of passport as well as passport number. Now question again is whether that PCC will be valid. On cic site in Express Entry section there are four ways to obtain PCC. 1. PCC from District police. 2. Passport office of India. 3. High Commission of India. 4. BLS. AS BLS is taking too much time, can we submit PCC obtained from district police while applicant being in Canada.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
District police in India can give police clearance certificate and in the certificate police mention that nothing adverse is against the said passport holder. They mention issue and expire date of passport as well as passport number. Now question again is whether that PCC will be valid. On cic site in Express Entry section there are four ways to obtain PCC. 1. PCC from District police. 2. Passport office of India. 3. High Commission of India. 4. BLS. AS BLS is taking too much time, can we submit PCC obtained from district police while applicant being in Canada.
This is something new for me.

@abbas.pasha - Any idea about this ?

SVJ2222

Jun 21, 2023
So you used local police station pcc? I have same question

navneet046

Apr 23, 2018
Hi, I need to get PCC from Indian Consulate. However, no one lives at our home address in India and I don't have relatives/neighbours I could reach out to for this either as I left the country many decades ago and only visit occasionally for travels. So, how will they do local verification if our house is locked and there are no neighbors or relatives I can lean on for this? Is PCC not provided to people who are alone in the world?
Hi, Were you able to get PCC from India? I am in a similar situation.