+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How to get PCC from India with no one living there anymore?

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Hi, I need to get PCC from Indian Consulate. However, no one lives at our home address in India and I don't have relatives/neighbours I could reach out to for this either as I left the country many decades ago and only visit occasionally for travels. So, how will they do local verification if our house is locked and there are no neighbors or relatives I can lean on for this? Is PCC not provided to people who are alone in the world?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, I need to get PCC from Indian Consulate. However, no one lives at our home address in India and I don't have relatives/neighbours I could reach out to for this either as I left the country many decades ago and only visit occasionally for travels. So, how will they do local verification if our house is locked and there are no neighbors or relatives I can lean on for this? Is PCC not provided to people who are alone in the world?
Reach out to BLS and discuss with them: https://www.blsindia-canada.com/toronto-jurisdiction/police-clearance-certificate.php

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
I did! They just mindlessly parroted the rules saying - "Sir, these are the rules".

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Generally, Indian cops physically verify the address, but its normal for houses to be closed for those residing abroad, you may give contact info of your immediate family members and request they be contacted, so that the cops can connect with them and complete the verification. You may send a soft copy of all your docs you submit with your PCC application to the contact person you appoint. This has worked for my friend.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Generally, Indian cops physically verify the address, but its normal for houses to be closed for those residing abroad, you may give contact info of your immediate family members and request they be contacted, so that the cops can connect with them and complete the verification. You may send a soft copy of all your docs you submit with your PCC application to the contact person you appoint. This has worked for my friend.
Thanks @amitsmeet ; however, what if one doesn't have any relatives or anyone they can lean on for this purpose in the same city?

amitsmeet

Sep 11, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks @amitsmeet ; however, what if one doesn't have any relatives or anyone they can lean on for this purpose in the same city?
This becomes complex, not sure , but you may apply and state the situation in a cover letter, hope they read it and action accordingly.

Reactions: jonnclk22

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
You don't have any friends who can go to the Police Station of the area and help with the verification? You can send them all the documents needed which they can share with the police personnel. Also you may take help of the passport agents of that area who generally help in getting the passport. They can also help you get the verification done for a fee.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
Unfortunately, I left the country 13 years ago and have not been in touch with anyone in city of the address in my documents. All my relatives and friends live far away. So, I just applied. Let's see what happens.

gaurav1282

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
assuming you are living Out of India for 13 plus years which was last mission reissuing you passport. If that was Canada most likely they won’t send police verification request to india and issue police clearance from here without police verification request

Reactions: jonnclk22

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
aha, Thanks a lot @gaurav1282 .. Yeah, my Indian passport was issued in San Fransisco.

3YrsLeftOnPR

Aug 12, 2020
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate? I got mine from Indian Consulate at Chicago, IL, USA when I had to submit it as part of my Permanent Resident documentation (ITA) to Canada. You may want to try contacting Indian Consulate/ Embassy in Canada.

jonnclk22

Star Member
Oct 20, 2017
Ghana
Category........
VISIT
Visa Office......
Nairobi
AOR Received.
01-01-2013
Passport Req..
01-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-04-21014
PCC - Police Clearance Certificate? I got mine from Indian Consulate at Chicago, IL, USA when I had to submit it as part of my Permanent Resident documentation (ITA) to Canada. You may want to try contacting Indian Consulate/ Embassy in Canada.
Yeah, When I lived in the US, I got mine from CGI in new york but now that I live in Canada, we have to go through this outsourcing company called BLS unfortunately.

mm2119

Feb 17, 2023
Hi did you get the pcc done? I am in the same situation now. No friends or relatives in India.

Jaywalker

May 8, 2018
assuming you are living Out of India for 13 plus years which was last mission reissuing you passport. If that was Canada most likely they won’t send police verification request to india and issue police clearance from here without police verification request
This is wrong. My passport was issued in Toronto. I have applied for PCC 2
Months back and the cops did visit the local
Address in India.